Cotton Tie Dye
Turn a plain cotton t-shirt into a fabulously bright and colorful tie-dye creation. You can have this ready to be worn in six easy steps. Have your kids help you out with this one. Make it a family crafting night. Find this project from I Love to Create and many more fabric dye projects in the free eBook for fabric dye inspiration and instruction, Fun with Fabric Dye.
- Tulip® Dye Techniques Kit™
- 100% cotton ¾ sleeve tee – white
- Trash bags or plastic tablecloth
- Prewash fabric to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with trash bags or plastic tablecloth. Lay damp fabric on prepared surface.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to the Turquoise, Lime and Fuchsia dye bottles. Replace caps tightly. Shake until dye is dissolved.
- With the shirt lying flat on tabletop, squeeze Lime dye in an abstract flower petal design. Refer to photo.
- Squeeze the Turquoise dye onto shirt, bordering the Lime flower petal design. Repeat step with Fuchsia dye bordering the Turquoise portion.
- Cover fabric with trash bag or plastic tablecloth. Let sit 4-6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Line dry.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.