Nautical Wall Art
Create this great nautical wall art in minutes by wrapping STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam with fabric. This is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to decorate your home in style.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Blocks, 18" x 12" x 1", three
- Seashell-print cotton fabric, 45" wide, 1-1/3 yds.
- Yardstick or ruler
- Carpenter's level
- Straight pins
- Poster adhesive or sawtooth hangers with nails
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Cut three 18"x24" panels from fabric. Center first foam block on back of fabric. Fold edges down, smoothly mitering corners. Pin fabric edges to secure; add a dab or two of glue for additional hold.
- Cover two remaining panels in same way. Glue hanger to same spot on back of each panel; let dry. Note: If you have extra fabric, recover a chair pad or make a pillow to coordinate with wall art.
- Use level and poster adhesive to secure squares to wall as shown, or glue sawtooth hanger to top center back of each square and hang with small nails.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextBeachy Pom Pom Wall Hanging