Wooden Spoon Wall Art
You can create this Wooden Spoon Wall Art with only a few simple materials. This classic kitchen decoration is minimalist in design, but very easy to make. For this craft, you upcycle wooden utensils by sanding and painting them, and if you do not own any you are willing to use for a craft, you can easily find them for a dollar or less at a thrift store. You can look like a professional decorator and artist with a free DIY idea like this unique kitchen decor.
- 16x20 canvas
- 3 wooden utensils
- Acrylic craft paint: white, black and burgundy
- Black transfer paper
- White craft glue
- Acrylic sealer spray in matte finish
- Paint the entire surface of the canvas white. This will help seal the canvas and keep dirt and smudges from collecting.
- Sand the wooden utensil to remove the shiny surface.
- Paint the wooden utensils burgundy. You may need 3-4 coats to get good coverage.
- Open a Word document and type the word "eat". Choose a font that suits you and enlarge the font size to fit across the top of the canvas. Print out the word.
- Position it onto your canvas and tape it in place with masking tape. Be sure to make sure everything fits by placing the spoons on the canvas as well. Once you are sure, set the spoons aside and place a piece of transfer paper under the "eat" print out.
- Use a ball point pen to trace the outline of letters of the word "eat".
- Lift the paper and you will see that the transfer paper has transferred the word to the canvas.
- Use a fine liner brush and black paint to paint the letters.
- Use white craft glue to glue the wooden spoons in place.
- Apply 1-2 coats of acrylic sealer spray.
Make every day Earth Day with our free printable eBook, Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Materials. Discover ways to reuse materials such as wood, fabric and even popsicle sticks. Get your copy now.
Read NextBrewtiful Coffee Printable Art