With Love Stitched Card
Use the "Season of the Heart" kit from Ecstasy Crafts to make this Valentine's Day card. This card uses a heart stencil to create the holes for stitching with embroidery thread.
See this and more Valentine card phrases and homemade Valentine cards in 22 Lovely Valentine Cards and Poems!
Ecstasy Crafts Season of the Heart Kit including:
- Morehead 3D die cut sheet #11052312
- Victorian flowers 3D die cut sheet # 82160
- heart Amazing stencils #4048505
- foam pads #65000001
- a gold Valentine sticker sheet #307G
- 4 pink cards with envelopes #K409864
- Use heart stencil #1 and emboss the heart design into one side of a light pink rectangle card. Place the stencil in the position on the front of the card and tape in place so that when you dry emboss the design from the back it will appear embossed (raised) on the front of the card.
- Place the card and stencil on a light box or against a sunny window and emboss the heart designs and around the entire stencil. Emboss by pressing the paper into the open spaces with an embossing stylus to raise this area on the front of the card.
- Place the card back side down on top of a piercing pad. Pierce the two layers of hearts (holes in the stencil) from the front to the back.
- Stitch the pattern for the heart using metallic thread or rayon machine embroidery thread or embroidery floss. I used a dark pink color found in the Ecstasy Crafts bag of metallic threads. The lines on the stencil represent a thread line. I actually first did all one angle then the opposite angle. Just tape the thread to the back of the card at the beginning and when you have finished the stitching.
- Cover the threads by cutting out a heart shaped design and place over the threads.
- Press out layer number one of the Morehead Design and attach to the rectangle card using double sided tape or a glue pen. You may wish to gently curl the next layer with the back of a pair of scissors the place a some 3-D foam tabs to the back of layer #2 and attach directly on top of layer #1. Repeat the last step for the remaining layers.
- Decorate with a Valentine’s sticker saying.
More Cards Using this Kit:
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Valentine's Day"
Valentines Day is the perfect day for crafting. Whether you are creating handmade Valentines Day cards or exploring other Valentines Day crafts, these DIY cards and more are sweet, romantic, and more.