Fun Love Boxers
Get your guy a fun pair of love boxers this Valentine's Day. Instead of buying it you can make them yourself. All you need is some fashion dye and paint and you're all set to make this fun project from I Love to Create.
- Tulip® One-Step Fashion Dye™
- Aleene's® OK To Wash-It®
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint
- 65000 White
- 65010 Pink
- 65018 Purple
- 65038 Black
- 65130 True Red
- Tulip® Surface Cover™
- Sequin trim – assorted colors and widths as desired
- (2) White boxer shorts
- Lace fabric – scrap
- Ribbon – scrap
- Felt – purple, red, fuchsia, light pink, black
- Gathered lace trim – 2 yards
- Paper towels
- Sewing pins
- Rick-rack – red, light pink
- Buttons – assorted colors and sizes
- White chalk
- Wash boxers to remove sizing.
- Cover work surface with Surface Cover. Place damp boxers on surface then crumple following instruction sheet.
- Wearing plastic gloves from dye box, fill dye bottle with water to indicated line, then shake till thoroughly mixed.
- Squeeze Red dye on one pair, squeezing and turning fabric. Dye other pair with Fuchsia. Let set 4 to 6 hours then wash in washer with small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer and iron smooth.
- Cut out patterns from pattern sheet. Pin patterns onto felt or lace then cut out.
- Squeeze a thin bead of OK to Wash-It on back of design then use finger to smooth to edges. Press in place on boxers. Referring to photo, glue all lace and felt sections into place.
- To glue sequin trim in place, apply a very thin line of glue along edge of designs then press sequin trim in place. Trim end of sequin strand and let dry.
- Glue buttons and bows onto designs as shown or as desired.
- Flip over word pattern then lightly trace lines with chalk. Position pattern chalk side down where shown then press in place. Run a finger over letters to transfer pattern in chalk onto fabric. Remove pattern.
- Trace over wording and add details to designs with 3D Fashion Paint. Start flow of paint on paper towel using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Fill in hearts, detail cone and add lettering. Refer to photo. Let dry.
- Glue rick-rack and lace around legs as desired. Let dry.
Read NextFringed Felt Heart
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.