Fleur de Lis Tie Dye Shirt
This adorable Fleur de Lis Tie Dye Shirt is a fun design for an adult or kid's t-shirt. Inspired by Canada's Flag Day, the tie dye design is very easy and simple, though most likely too complicated for kids to do. You could personalize this craft by changing the color of the dye to a favorite color. These t-shirts are great to wear in the summer heat as well as bright and festive. The tutorial even includes a free pattern for the fleur de lis design, so you can start this project as soon as you have the dye and shirt.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Tulip® T-shirt Form
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® Moody Blues
- Platinum 1 oz
- Craft sponge
- White 100% cotton T-Shirt
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
- Freezer paper
- Paper plate or foil for paint palette
- Prewash fabric to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with plastic. Lay damp fabric on prepared surface.
- Using your fingertips, scrunch fabric together.
- Prepare dye following package instructions.
- Randomly squeeze dye as desired onto fabric.
- Cover fabric with plastic table cover. Let set 6-8 hours.
- Rinse fabric in warm water until water runs clear.
- Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of non-bleach laundry detergent. Wash and dry separately for the first few washes.
- Trace fleur de lis patterns onto freezer paper. Use craft knife to cut out fleur de lis patterns to create stencil.
- Place stencil on T-shirt and iron on to secure in place.
- Insert a shirt board or inside layers of tee and place on a flat surface.
- Squeeze out Metallic Platinum paint onto a paint palette and apply to stencil with a craft sponge.
- Remove stencil and let dry.
Read NextTie Dye Dollar Store Flowers