Decorative Paper Flowers
Decorate your space with beautiful Decorative Paper Flowers from Einat Kessler. The best part of this fun paper craft idea? You don't have to remember to water these flowers! Celebrate spring with this easy and inexpensive craft.
- Hole punch
- Wooden skewer
- Cut strips of paper. Use any pattern or solid paper. you can stamp, paint and ink it. You can cut as many strips as you want and in any size you want.
- I used: 8 strips - 5 inches on 3/4 of an inch (13 x 2 cm), 12 strips – 4.5 inches on 3/4 of an inch (11.5 x 2 cm), 6 strips – 4 inches on 3/4 of an inch (10 x 2 cm).
- Cut the edges of the strips to form an arrow. Punch a hole on each side.
- Cut 5 circles 3/4 of an inch (1.5 cm) in diameter. Punch two holes side by side to make the circles look like buttons. You can also use actual buttons.
- Cut a piece of wire, about 6 inches long.
- Thread the wire through the two holes of the button piece.
- Twist the wire to form one strand.
- Start with the medium size strips. Thread the wire through the hole, loop the strip and thread the wire through the other hole. Continue to thread all 6 strips.
- Separate the wire and add another button. The button makes it easier to handle the layers while you are assembling the flower.
- Add the next layer of loops, large size.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the strips, separating each layer with a button.
- Add rolled strips of paper as stamens.
- Cut more strips for leafs.
- Take a wooden skewer and push it through the middle of the flower. Thread the loops on the skewer to create leafs.
Read Next47 DIY Spring Wreath Ideas for 2021