We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Flowers and Butterflies help to create a festive spring wreath from this free crochet pattern from Lily Sugar n' Cream. Decorate for Easter or display it all season long to welcome guests.
- Lily® Sugar’n Cream Yarn:
(Solids: 70.9 g / 2.5 oz)
(Ombres: 56.7 g / 2 oz)
- Contrast A
(00010 Yellow) 1 ball
- Contrast B
(00084 Sage Green) 1 ball
- Contrast C
(133 Shaded Denim Ombre) 1 ball
- Contrast D
(00165 Daisy Ombre) 1 ball
- Contrast E
(00144 Strawberry Ombre) 1 ball
- Contrast F
(01004 Soft Ecru) 1 ball
- Contrast G
(00026 Light Blue) 1 ball
- 1 ball of Ombre makes 9 Butterflies.
- 1 ball of Solid makes 18 Bells.
- 1 ball of Solid makes 7 Daffodils.
- 1 ball of Solid makes 35 Leaves.
Size 4 mm (U.S. G or 6) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge. 5 brown chenille stems, 22 pompoms 1/4" [5 mm] wide and thread-coated wire for Butterflies. Glue gun and glue sticks. Willow wreath 14"[35.5 cm] in diameter. Dried flowers for decoration if desired.
16 sc and 16 rows = 4" [10 cm].
Bell (make 3):
- With G, ch 2.
- 1st rnd: (RS). 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join with sl st in first sc.
- 2nd rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc around. Join with sl st to first sc.
- 3rd rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in each of first 2 sc. 2 sc in next sc. 1 sc in each of next 2 sc. 2 sc in next sc. Join with sl st in first sc. 8 sc.
- 4th rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in same st as last ss. (2 sc in next sc. 1 sc in next sc) 3 times. 2 sc in next sc. Join with ss in first sc. 12 sc.
- 5th and 6th rnds: Ch 1. 1 sc in same st as last ss. 1 sc in each sc around. Join with sl st in first sc.
- 7th rnd: Ch 1. Miss first and 2nd sc. (5 dc in next sc. Miss next sc. Sl st in next sc. Miss next sc) 3 times. Join with ss in first ch 1. Fasten off.
Pistil (make 3):
- With A, ch 2.
- 1st rnd: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join with sl st in first sc. Ch 10. Fasten off.
- Join Pistil to Bell. Glue Bells in cluster as shown in picture.
Butterfly (Make 4 each with C and E. Make 3 with D):
- Ch 6. Join in round with ss in first ch.
- 1st rnd: Ch 1. [(1 sc. Ch 6. 1 sc) all in ring] twice. [(1 sc. Ch 4. 1 sc) all in ring] twice. Join with sl st in first sc.
- 2nd row: Sl st in next ch 6 sp. (Ch 3. 4 dc. 1 tr. Ch 3. Sl st in first ch – Picot made. 1 tr. 5 dc) all in next ch 6 sp. Sl st in each of next 2 sc. Rep from once more. (9 dc in next ch 4 sp. Sl st in each of next 2 sc) twice. Fasten off.
- Glue foundation ring closed vertically. Glue opening of each wing closed vertically. Cut desired length of chenille stems for Body as illustrated. Make antennas with wire as illustrated. Glue pompoms to top of antennas.
Daffodil (make 3):
- With A, ch 2.
- 1st rnd: (RS). 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join with sl st in back loop of first sc.
- First Petal: 1st row: Ch 1. 2 sc in back loop of same sc as last sl st. Ch 1. Turn.
- 2nd row: 2 sc in each sc. 4 sc. Ch 1. Turn.
- 3rd to 5th rows: 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Ch 1. Turn.
- 6th row: (Draw up a loop in each of next 2 sc. Yoh and draw through
- 3 loops on hook - Sc2tog made) twice. Ch 3. Turn.
- 7th row: Miss first sc. Sl st in next sc. Sl st in side of each of next 5 rows of petal. Sl st in last sc worked on 1st row and in back loop of next sc. Do not turn.
- Second to Sixth Petals: 1st row:
- Ch 1. 2 sc in back loop of same sc as last sl st. Ch 1. Turn.
- 2nd to 7th rows: Work as given for 2nd to 7th rows of First Petal.
- At end of Sixth Petal, fasten off.
- Trumpet: Join F with sl st to any front loop of 1st rnd.
- 1st rnd: Ch 1. 2 sc in same sp as last sl st. 2 sc in front loop of next sc. Rep from around. Join with sl st in first sc.
- 2nd rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in same st as last sl st. Ch 1. 1 sc in next sc. Rep from around. Join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off.
Leaf (make 10):
- With B, ch 12.
- 1st rnd: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in next ch. 1 hdc in next ch. 1 dc in each of next 4 ch. 1 hdc in next ch. 1 sc in each of next 2 ch. 3 sc in last ch.
- Working in other side of ch, proceed as follows:
- 1 sc in each of next 2 ch. 1 hdc in next ch. 1 dc in each of next 4 ch. 1 hdc in next ch. 1 sc in next ch. 2 sc in next ch. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
- Using photo as a guide, assemble all pieces on Wreath and glue in position. If desired, break small lengths of dried flowers and attach to Wreath randomly as shown in picture.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Decoupaged Clay Pot
- Spring Mini Flower Pot Moss Decor
- Scene Stealing Diaper Cake Baby Shower Craft
- Crochet Spring Celebration Wreath
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Decor, and More free eBook
- Mini Spring Bonnets
- Bright Button Flowers
- Flowery DIY Wall Art
- DIY Painted Jugs and Spring Flowers
- Hello Spring Printable Art
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Super Warm Winter Beanie
- How To Make An Origami Paper Purse?
- Crochet Snowman In Love
- Crochet Pizza Heart
- Crochet Halloween Tooth Pumpkin
- How To Make An Origami Mini Notebook
- How To Make A Jumping Paper Frog
- DIY Color Experiment
- Day Of The Dead Sugar Skull Card
- Altered Altoid Tins For Gift Giving
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home