Soft Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The intricate cable design from Bernat Yarns in this free hat knitting pattern is actually quite simple to achieve. Knit one for an impressive holiday gift.
Find this beautiful pattern and more knit hats in 27 Free Hat Knitting Patterns.
- 1 ball of Bernat® Satin (100 g / 3.5 oz) #04431 (Wine Mist Heather).
- Knitting Needles: Size 5 mm (U.S. 8) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Cable needle - CN.
Gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
- C4B = Slip next 2 sts onto a CN and leave at back of work. K2 then K2 from CN.
- C4F = Slip next 2 sts onto CN and leave at front of work. K2 then K2 from CN.
- Cast on 78 sts.
- 1st row: (RS). K2. *P2. K2. Rep from * to end of row.
- 2nd row: P2. *K2. P2. Rep from * to end of row.
- Rep last 2 rows twice more, inc 12 sts evenly across last row. 90 sts.
Proceed in Shadow Cable Pat as follows:
- 1st row: (RS). Knit.
- 2nd and alt rows: Purl.
- 3rd row: K1. *C4B. K4. Rep from * to last st. K1.
- 5th row: As 1st row.
- 7th row: K5. *C4F. K4. Rep from * to last 5 sts. C4F. K1.
- 8th row: As 2nd row.
- Rep last 8 rows twice more, then 1st to 4th rows once.
- 1st row: (RS). *K6. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 79 sts.
- 2nd and alt rows: Purl.
- 3rd row: *K9. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 72 sts.
- 5th row: *K8. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 65 sts.
- 7th row: *K7. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 58 sts.
- 9th row: *K6. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 51 sts.
- 11th row: *K3. K2tog. Rep from * to last st. K1. 41 sts.
- 12th row: P1. *P2tog. Rep from * to end of row. 21 sts.
Break yarn, leaving a long end. Thread end through rem sts and draw up firmly. Fasten securely. Sew back seam.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 27 Free Hat Knitting Patterns
- Chunky Winter Cable Knit Hat
- Beginner's Favorite Knitted Hat
- Men's Winter Hat and Scarf
- Bright Knit Hats and Mittens Holiday Decorations
- Chunky Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
- Adorable Chunky Pom Knit Toddler Hat Pattern
- Easy Striped Knitted Hat
- His and Hers Winter Hats
- Gray Knit Scarf Set for Men
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Trees All Around Mug Cozy
- Joyful Stockings Basket
- DIY Coat Rack
- Wilton Gray Men Scarf
- Knitted Christmas Tree Banner
- Easy DIY Crochet Wreath Ornament
- How To Add Extra Pockets To Any Tote Bag
- Clay Sunflower
- Christmas Sweets Photo Booth Props
- 14 of the Most Stunningly Beautiful Glitter Crafts
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home