Flippy Floppy Feathery Slippers
I was inspired to create these slippers after seeing some fun slippers my friend Helen Slabodukh of Blumenthal Lansing made. She used buttons to create flowers, but I decided to add wispy feathers and some silk flowers.
- Cotton slippers (this is a great way to makeover an old pair of slippers)
- 1 yard Feather boa per slipper
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Feather clips, silk flowers or whatever you’d like to embellish the slippers with
- The idea is to go a little over the top to make this slippers fun. The first step is to cover the top part of the slipper with boa. This project used 1 yard of boa per slipper. Starting at the top of the slipper front, start applying a line of hot glue and carefully place the boa onto the glue working a small line at a time and keeping your fingers on the boa (not on the hot glue!). You’ll apply the line to one side of the slipper, then continue the line of glue and boa to the other side in a back and forth pattern. This will make the boa seem almost like a grass bed rather than seeing where the lines of boa are glued. Continue to the bottom of the slipper and tuck end into the boa. Repeat for second slipper.
- Apply embellishment to top of your new feathery slippers. There are several examples shown including using wispy feather clips, Strawberries, and a silk flower with a bumble bee! Have fun with it and the more whimsical the better. You’ll find putting on the slippers will also put a smile on your face!
Learn more about Maria and see her other projects here.
Read Next23 Shoe Decoration Ideas