Fabulous Flower Petal Shoes
If you're looking for crafts to make and wear, then these are the perfect shoes for you. Turn a boring pair of slip-ons into Fabulous Flower Petal Shoes using an old t-shirt. You can wear these shoes all year long - they're sure to give you a spring in your step.
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Tape
- Die cut machine and small flower die
- T-shirt (or other white 100% cotton fabric)
- Canvas shoes (or high heels)
- Non-stick scissors
- Tulip Fabric Spray Paint (metallic) or fabric colorant of your choice
- Wax paper (to protect work surface while spraying)
Cut fabric into strips. Layer the strips and cut into squares (cut to size needed for die-cut petals). Cut flower petals with die cut machine. (Note that you will need two layers for each flower. With my die cut machine (Sizzix Big Shot, I could cut up to 5 layers at one time.)
Cut a small strip (or square) of Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Tape. Remove paper backing and apply to center of one petal. Remove paper backing and stick two flower petal layers together. Repeat to create enough flowers to cover desired section(s) of your shoes.
Protect work surface with wax paper (or fabric) and place your glued flower petals in rows. Spray with fabric colorant. (Note: if you want your coloring to match on each shoe, lay out two rows per color.) Let dry completely.
Cut a small piece of Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Tape. Remove paper backing and apply to back of all flowers. Remove paper backing and stick to shoe in desired pattern.
- Be sure to press all petals firmly in place so that the glue sticks to shoe and to flowers.