Summer DIY Sunshine T-Shirt
If you haven't already shed your winter clothes, you might want to start letting the sunshine into your wardrobe. This Summer DIY Sunshine T-Shirt is a cool DIY t-shirt that will make a great addition to your closet. It is also a wonderful way to use the pretty patterned ribbon that you may have been hoarding all season. This t-shirt design idea also makes a wonderful gift for your little ones who are soaking in their summer freedom and want to show it off.
- Grosgrain ribbon of your choice
- E6000 glue
- Plain white cotton t-shirt
- A plate or bowl you can afford to destroy (to put the glue on) and a plate or bowl in a size to compliment the t-shirt size your are doing your craft on
- Trace a circle using your plate on a piece of paper.
- Lay out your ribbon over the outline, mark with a pencil and trim ribbon.
- Insert cardboard in between t-shirt layers to avoid glue seeping into both layers.
- Put some E6000 glue onto your plate and using your finger pat down the glue on the backside of each ribbon and place the ribbon onto your t-shirt according to the sunshine pattern.
- E6000 glue is very tacky and sticky, so you will probably be wiping your fingers throughout this process. The most important part is to ensure you coat the ends (just the back, not the front) of each ribbon. This seals the ends and prevents them from fraying in the wash.
- Let dry overnight.
Read NextEasy Tee Shirt Embroidery DIY
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.