Painted Floral Shirt
Mutli–layered, collage–look designs are all the rage these days! Bring out the artist in you and jazz up a plain shirt with a variety of stencils and spray paints in several cool colors from Krylon.
- Krylon Brushed Metallic - Nickel (#51255)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - White (#51501)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Rich Plum (#51914)
- Krylon Easy-Tack™ Repositionable Adhesive - Clear (#7020)
- Harlequin pattern stencil (Stencil Magic)
- Floral Bouquet mask (Heidi Swapp)
- Alphabet stencil (Wordsworth)
- Plain green cotton shirt
- Plain scrap paper (with no printing or color on it — white copy paper works great)
- Painter’s tape
- Thick cardboard sheet (approximately 13” × 17”)
- Apply Repositionable Adhesive to back of harlequin stencil.
- Place cardboard sheet inside shirt and carefully fold excess fabric underneath. Press harlequin stencil firmly to upper center portion of shirt. Mask off areas you do not want painted with paper and painter’s tape.
- Spray over stencil with Satin Nickel paint, then carefully remove and let dry completely.
- Press floral bouquet mask over painted design and mask off any unwanted areas with paper and painter’s tape. Lightly and randomly spray over and around design with Rich Plum paint. Remove mask and let dry completely.
- Apply Repositionable Adhesive to back of alphabet stencil, press over painted design, and mask off any unwanted areas with paper and painter’s tape. Spray upper left and lower right corners of stencil with Gloss White paint. Remove stencil and let dry completely.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.
Read NextGlitzy Dog Tee