Goldfish DIY Cat Toy
Use this free sewing pattern to make DIY cat toys that your feline friend will love.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Treat your favorite feline to a new toy with Fairfield's New Line of Oly Fun fabrics. Create an opportunity for exercise for kitty and lots of free entertainment for yourself. Plus, have fun sewing a quick project you can complete in an evening."
Use Oly-Fun and some sewing skills to create a homemade cat toy that your feline will go absolutely fur crazy for this afternoon. This super simple Goldfish DIY Cat Toy is a free sewing pattern that is sure to keep cats busy for days to come. The soft and lightweight body makes it easy for your friend to bat it around with their claws and the shiny surface is sure to keep them coming back for more. Depending on your cat’s preferences, you can choose to fill the fun fish with cat nip or simple fill it with fluff.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- Oly Fun fabric by Fairfield in Metallic Red
- Stuffing or batting
- Puffy paint
- Liquid cat nip (optional)
Draw a fish onto some paper or card and cut out.
Use pattern to cut through two layers of Oly Fun fabric.
Stitch fish body together , leaving an opening to allow stuffing.
Stuff body of toy with batting. Spray some cat nip inside (optional). Hand stitch the opening close.
Add an eye with some puffy paint and let dry.
Optional: Use serrated scissors to add interest to edges of fins and fish.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Create a beautiful hand-stitched cloth napkin for your home with this Adorable Hand Stitched DIY Tea Towels tutorial. If you're a big… Continue reading: "Adorable Hand Stitched DIY Tea Towelsvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Handmade Tartan & Plaid Feathers
- Chunky Chenille Baby Blanket
- Bistro Chalk Markers
- Daisy Mae Bag
- Linen Log Cabin Square
- St. Patrick's Day Slime
- Summertime Family Road Trip Journal
- Terra Cotta Pinch Pots
- Watermelon Rind Fairy Home
- Fairy Garden In An Old Wheelbarrow!!
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home