Happy New Year Scrapbook Layout
Metallic paint on cardstock is an inexpensive alternative to metallized specialty papers – making any New Year sparkle and shine. Remember the good times with this layout from Krylon.
- Krylon Leafing Pens - 18 KT. Gold (#9901)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - Silver (#9902)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - Copper (#9903)
- Krylon Premium Metallic - 18 KT. Gold Plate (#1000)
- Krylon Premium Metallic - Sterling Silver (#1030)
- Krylon Premium Metallic - Copper Brilliance (#1020)
- Krylon Spray Adhesive - Clear (#7011)
- Krylon Preserve It!® Digital Photo & Paper Protectant - Clear (#7026)
- Cardstock: three 12" × 12" white; two 8 1/2" × 12" white
- Mini Eyelets, hole punch and eyelet setter
- Letter Rubber Stamps, Gold Pigment Pad, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool
- Artistic Wire: 22 gauge & 26 gauge Non Tarnish Silver Wire
- Wire Cutters
- Die cut stars, three sizes
- Star Punch or Star Charms
- Cut 1/2" off of one piece of 12" × 12" cardstock to make it 11 1/2" × 11 1/2" and spray with Copper Brilliance. Spray one 12" × 12" cardstock with Sterling Silver, using several light coats till coverage is solid. On remaining 12" × 12" cardstock, spray Sterling Silver on outside edges only. Let dry.
- Spray one 8" × 11" sheet with Copper Brilliance and the other with 18 KT. Gold Plate.
- Die cut 13 small stars from silver cardstock and one from copper. Cut one medium gold star and one medium silver star. Cut one large silver star. Edge gold star with Silver Leafing Pen and large silver star with Gold Leafing Pen.
- Stamp and emboss “HAPPY NEW YEAR” on 12 of the small silver stars.
- Following photo, arrange smaller stars in a banner format and attach together with mini eyelets.
- Make double wire coils for both ends of “HAPPY” and one for each end of “NEW” and “YEAR” and insert through the eyelets.
- Use Spray Adhesive to adhere the Happy New Year banner across the top of the page, following photo.
- Attach the wire coils to the page using 26-gauge wire.
- Adhere the 11½" copper cardstock to the 12" × 12" silver cardstock with Spray Adhesive.
- Spray photograph with Preserve It!®; let dry.
- Cut photo mats from gold, silver and copper paper and adhere photos and mats together with Spray Adhesive, then adhere to page.
- Cut and coil three lengths of wire, as shown. Attach wire coil to copper star with 26-gauge silver and to small silver star through eyelets.
- Adhere layers of stars together and embellish matted photo with stars using Spray Adhesive.
- Punch seven stars from excess silver paper and adhere to page with Spray Adhesive.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.
Read NextOur Family Scrapbook Layout