Scrap Fabric Birds
Are your scraps taking over? Don't throw them away! Instead, use your fabric to create crafts with scrap material. These Scrap Fabric Birds from Heather Valentine can be used to create magnets, ornaments, lavender sachets and so much more.
- Scraps of fabric
- Bits of felt
- Mod Podge
- Poly fill
- Button Magnet
- Glue Gun
- Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to your pressed scraps to ”stiffen” the fabric and give it more texture.
- After everything is dry, cut 1 bird from fun fabric and 1 bird from coordinating felt. Cut 1 wing in fabric of choice. (I used felt).
- Stitch wing to body. For my little guys & gals, I used a decorative blanket stitch on my trusty machine and a contrast thread color.
- Then, super simple, match your front and back birdies together and straight stitch them together leaving a 1″ opening at the bottom. Stuff with poly fill. Be careful not to over feed your birds they will get fat!! Stitch the opening closed.
- With your trusty glue gun in hand, apply a dab of glue at the center and attach your button magnet.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Miscellaneous Crafts"
Find the most unique and unexpected ideas here with tons of great unusual craft projects, helpful tips, and useful ideas. Includes creative and different craft projects for kids and adults as well as excellent ideas like lower Drying tips and Flower