Ric Rac Rose Rings
Learn how to make a ring from some ric-rac scraps with these fabric flowers patterns from Maize Hutton. These ric-rac rose rings are so chic, and perfect for a night on the town.
- Coordinating thread
- Ring shank
- Start by folding over one end of the ric-rac and securing it with a stitch.
- Roll the ric-rac into a shape of a flower and secure the bottom portion with stitches.
- Continue rolling the ric-rac and securing with stitches to the back as it takes on a flower shape.
- When your flower is big enough to fit on the ring shank, cut the ric-rac, fold it over to the back and secure with a few stitches.
- Attach the ric-rac flower to the ring shank. I use UHU because it grabs and dries quickly.
- Make sure to push down the flower on the ring shank securely. Pull back a few portions of the rick rack to make petals.
Read NextBling Ring
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 25, 2017
This is just the idea and inspiration I needed as I am making a baby headband and have a lot of vintage ric rac on hand and this technique would be perfect for a few little accent flowers or even buds! I might glue tiny seed pearls here and there or even a clear pearlescent sequin to emulate a dew drop! These look great as a ring, but also a barrette or lapel pin as mentioned! Or even sew several on a little girls dress neckline or waist as a cluster or row which would be so sweet! Lovely!
Oct 11, 2013
I really like this idea. I have saved rick rack and now I have a project. thank you.
Apr 09, 2012
A GREAT IDEA --RICRAC ROSES!!!
Jun 01, 2011
That is so adorable!
May 21, 2011
Lindo tutorial!!! Muchas gracias Besos
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use