Rainbow Jeans Ring
What can be made out of old jeans? Almost anything! This Rainbow Jeans Ring from Amanda Formaro takes a few coloful beads from your stash and the smallest scrap of old denim to make a quirky accessory. Make the matching Old Jeans Bracelet too!
- 5" strip of denim
- Seed beads
- Stretchy jewelry cord
- Hot glue gun
- Iron the denim strip to remove any creases or wrinkles. Trim to the width you want your ring to be. Fray the edges of the denim strip by pulling strands of the denim off one at a time.
- Thread the needle with stretchy jewelry cord and knot the end. Poke the needle through the center of the denim and pull until the knot touches the back of the denim.
- Use the tip of the needle to pick up the seed beads. Push the seed beads down the needle past the eye and onto the cord. Push the beads all the way down until the reach the denim. Keeping the beads together, lay them down onto the denim to gauge where to insert your needle. Run the needle through the denim then back up through again and repeat for a second row and finally a third row. Tie off the cord at the back and secure with a small amount of hot glue.
- Wrap the denim strip around your finger to gauge the size. Trim, allowing a little excess so you have room to glue the ends together. Use hot glue to secure the ends creating your ring.
Read NextBright Polymer Clay Rings
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
May 28, 2017
Who would ever think of making scrap jeans into a ring? Well, the maker of this Rainbow Jeans Ring did it by adding colorful medium-sized beads to the scrap jeans to add color and excitement. Talk about creativity. Thanks for the idea. Cheers!
May 05, 2012
I like this project but you know after you put it on and off your finger a few times, it's gonna roll up at the band!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use