Glitter and Rhinestone Rings
DIY jewelry crafts can make a big statement and these Glitter and Rhinestone Rings from Savannah Starr will surely turn some heads! Paint a blank ring base and add rhinestones, glitter and other sparkly embellishments. This craft is super quick and easy to make.
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Aleene’s Glue Pen
- Cool2Cast ring blank
- Acrylic paint (color(s) of your choice
- Paint brush
- Paper plate
- 3-D Crystal Lacquer
- For the base of my rings, I use the Cool2Cast ring blanks.
- Paint the ring with acrylic paint. I like to use black because I like the way that color looks underneath silver and gold glitter. But you can also use the same color paint as you do glitter or mix and match it up! Let paint dry.
- Brush Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue over ring.
- Hold ring over a paper plate and sprinkle with glitter. (I LOVE this neon yellow color but realized after I used it that it was not glitter but was embossing powder. It worked fine but just does not have a sparkly finish.) Let dry.
- I grab my rhinestones with tweezers and hold them to apply glue to the back with the Aleene’s Glue Pen.
- Then I press the rhinestones in place on my ring. When all the glue dries, I apply a coat of 3D Lacquer over the entire ring and let dry.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make SavvySparkle Bling Rings.