Christmas Ornament Coasters
Create a set of 4 different Christmas ornament patterns with plastic canvas. This free plastic canvas Christmas project is a great way to decorate for the holidays.
Find this craft and more Plastic Canvas projects at "16 Free Patterns for Plastic Canvas."
- Kreinik Very Fine (#4) Braid 009 Emerald, 2 spools
- Kreinik Very Fine (#4) Braid 015 Chartreuse, 1 spool
- Kreinik Fine (#8) Braid 061 Ruby, 1 spool
- Kreinik Very Fine (#4) Braid 202HL Aztec Gold Hi Lustre, 2 spools
- Anchor Embroidery Floss in the following: Red #19 (2 skeins), Gold #307 (1), Yellow #298 (2), White #1
- (6), Light Blue #160 (1), Light Green #257 (1)
- Darice 10-mesh plastic canvas
- Embroidery needle, scissors
- Optional: white Flexi-Foam (1 sheet), craft glue
- Charts: 4 Charts and Color Key
- Cut four squares of plastic canvas, each 40-threads by 40-threads. Follow the chart and use full 6-strands of floss for all cross stitches and Mosaic stitches.
- Center the design on your canvas piece. Use metallic threads doubled in needle for all cross stitches, straight stitches, backstitches and French Knots. Work ornament motifs first. When stitching is completed, fill in background with Mosaic stitches using Anchor floss in white.
- Finishing: Trim canvas edges smooth. Finish edges with whip or overcast stitches. Trim off excess floss threads.
- Optional: Cut four pieces foam slightly smaller than coasters. Glue foam backing to wrong side of each coaster.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Plastic Canvas"
There are no records