Beaded Scallop Pendant
If you've ever wanted to learn how to make jewelry, this beaded scallop pendant is the perfect first project for you. Katie Hacker shows you how with her new line of Katiedids components. When you're done crafting, wear it out on the town!
- 2.5"-long eye pin
- Katiedids curve component
- 7 purple 4mm crystals
- 8mm purple crystal
- Silver spacer
- 6mm white crystal
- 2.5"-long decorative head pin
- 1-2" of chain
- Fancy bail
- Chain or ribbon
- Chainnose and roundnose pliers
- Diagonal wire cutters
- Place an eye pin through a hole on the curve component so the loop is extending upward from the hole.
- String 7 purple 4mm crystals onto the eye pin.
- Grasp the end of the eye pin with chain nose pliers and pass it through the other hole on the component.
- Adjust the beads so they lay inside the channels, then make a basic loop.
- String one 8mm purple crystal, a silver spacer, and a 6mm white crystal onto a decorative head pin and make a wrapped loop to attach it to the loop on a fancy bail.
- Cut two pieces of chain that are long enough to join the end loops on the eye pin to the bail as shown.
- Attach one piece to each eye pin loop, then connect the chains to the loop on a fancy bail.
- Slide the pendant onto the center of a chain or ribbon.