Lacy Eyelet Pom Poms
These beautiful Lacy Eyelet Pom Poms are perfect for a summer party or wedding. Making tissue paper flowers and decorations is easy and fun, and great way to decorate on the cheap!
- A stack of 8 sheets of tissue paper
- A pair of sharp scissors
- A standard hole punch
- A long twist tie for securing
- Start by aligning the edges of your stack of tissue paper as best you can, but it doesn't matter if it isn't perfect. Then make a 1" fold down one long edge of the stack. I hold the stack and fold up from the bottom away from myself.
- Flip the whole stack over and fold up one inch again. It will look like this:
- Continue making 1" accordion style folds in this manner until the entire stack is folded. If the last fold is a bit shy of 1" that is just fine.
- Now take a pair of scissors and trim the edges so they are rounded.
- Unfold, and using your hole punch, punch little holes out of the stack of tissue around the perimeter of the scalloped edges. I punched one hole at the top center of each curve and then one on each side equal distances apart. Then I punched one in the crease.
- Then add one other hole in the center of each scallop--I aligned mine with the punched holes in the creases. You could of course do this in any order you prefer! (I love the resulting stack of punched tissue circles. You could use this for confetti!)
- Now refold the tissue along the 1" fold lines and secure in the middle with a twist tie.
- Turn the stack on its side, fan out the folds on one side and carefully separate the tissue layers. Work on one side of the pom pulling apart all the layers (gently so they don't tear) until they are spread in a 180-degree shape, then work on the other side of the pom until you have a beautiful spherical shape.
Read NextPaper Peony Flowers