How to Use Twinkling H20s
Learn how to add incredible shimmer and sparkle to your stamped images while still using your colored pencils for depth and dimension. This video from Marti Wills demonstrates how easy it is with Luminarte Twinkling H2Os!
- Image stamped on cardstock with waterproof ink like Archival by Ranger
- Very small paintbrush – size 0 or 1 is best
- Several pale colors of Twinkling H2Os – shimmering watercolors
- Mister bottle of water
- Coordinating colored pencils in darker shades of the Twinks you will be using
- Rag or towel (for blotting excess water if necessary
- Decide on your color scheme. Open your Twinks and mist each one several times with water.
- Begin by swishing your brush in one of the colors and painting in an area of your image – do not worry about shading yet. Continue until the image has been painted. For skin tones I do not use Twinks.
- Let them image dry completely or dry with a heat gun.
- Begin shading using your colored pencils. The colored pencil will not effect the shimmer of the watercolor beneath!