Darn Good Santa Hat Knitting and Crochet Patterns
Knit or crochet a darn good Santa hat this holiday! Use recycled silk yarn to make a hat that is gentle on your hair and smooth to the touch. This lovely Santa hat actually has a bit of a rustic chic appearance because it features recycled yarn, but you won't believe how soft it feels! The hat looks homey and so perfectly classic for Christmas. A handmade heirloom like this will be worn year after year. Learn how to make that ruffly border for the perfect finishing touch. Get in the holiday spirit and make this adorable Santa hat today!
NotesBelow are the attributes and materials for the knit version of this hat. Visit the article on Darn Good Yarn to learn more about the crocheted version!
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge12 sc and 13 rows = 4"
Finished SizeApproximately 13"tall, 12" diameter
- 2 Skeins of DGY Recycled Silk Yarn Lux Adventure: Cherry Red
- 1 Skein of DGY Recycled Silk Yarn Lux Adventure: White Cream
- Size 9 US (5.5 mm) Double Pointed Knitting Needles (set of 5), or 16" Circular Needles for Magic Loop (not included)
- Scissors (not included)
- 1 Stitch Marker (optional) (not included)
- 1 Yarn Needle (optional) (not included)
- 1 Pompom Maker (optional) (not included)
Read NextChristmas Tree Dishcloth