Insanely Cute Yarn Basket Ornament
This knitting pattern for beginners makes a great ornament for all of your friends who love knitting as much as you do. In fact, this Insanely Cute Yarn Basket Ornament would make anyone smile, regardless of his or her knitting abilities. This is a wonderful token of friendship for your loved ones to remember you and your passion by. Beginner knitting patterns don't come any more perfect than one that actually represents yarn itself. Create an Insanely Cute Yarn Basket Ornament for plenty of warmth and Christmas smiles.
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
- STITCH NATION by Debbie Stoller™ Full o’ Sheep™: 1 ball each 2205 Little Lamb A, 2925 Passionfruit B, 2640 Thyme C, and 2910 Poppy D.
- Knitting Needles: 5.5mm [US 9].
- Yarn needle
- 2 toothpicks
- 2 round beads
- craft glue
- With A, cast on 19 sts. Marking first row as the right side, work in Seed st until piece measures 2½” from beginning, end by working a wrong side row.
- Divide for Handle: Bind off first 8 sts, continue in pattern over next 3 sts (including st on needle after bind-off) for basket handle, bind off remaining 8 sts.
- Join yarn to remaining sts and work even until handle measures 4” or desired length for hanging.
- Bind off.
- Fold basket in half and sew side seam. Sew end of handle to top edge of basket at seam.
- Sew bottom seam.
- Wind off a small ball (about 1” in diameter) each of B, C, D and E and arrange in basket.
- Pin or glue ends in place.
- Glue bead to tip of each toothpick for knitting needles and place in basket as desired.
Read NextKnitted Mitten Ornaments Pattern