Winter Queen Teapot Cozy
Enchanting tea parties aren't just for springtime. With this beginner knitting pattern, you can create a Winter Queen Teapot Cozy that will keep your tea warm and keep the atmosphere welcoming. This also makes a wonderful Christmas gift for the tea lover in your life. Sometimes a good knitting pattern for beginners is all you need to lift your spirits and feel cozy all over. This Winter Queen Teapot Cozy is the perfect addition to any tea set to transform your china into wintery warmth.
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
- RED HEART® Soft®: 1 ball each 4601 Off White A, 9870 Deep Sea B, 4420 Guacamole C and 5142 Cherry Red D
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needles: 5 mm [US 8]
- Yarn needle
- A, B, C, D = Colors A, B, C, D
- k = knit
- k2tog = knit 2 stitches together
- p = purl;
- mm = millimeters
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated
- [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times indicated.
Cozy can be customized to fit any teapot. Tryon your teapot as you work and adjust theplacement of the handle and spout openings.
- (Make 2)
- Rows 1-28: With A, cast on 36 (40) sts. Work in Stitch Pattern, working 4-row stripes of A, B, A,C, D, A and C.
- Row 29: (Wrong Side): With B, Knit.
- Row 30: Knit.
- Row 31: K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2.
- Row 32: K2, *K2tog, K4; repeat from * to last 4 sts, K2tog, K2-30 (34) sts.
- Rows 33-34: With A, Knit.
- Row 35: K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2.
- Row 36: K2, *K2tog, K3; repeat from * to last 3 (2) sts, K3 (2)—25 (28) sts.
- Row 37: With D, knit.
- Row 38: K2, *K1, K2tog; repeat from * to last 2 sts, K2—18 (20) sts.
- Row 39: K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2.
- Row 40: Knit.
- Rows 41-42: With A, Knit.
- Row 43: K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2.
- Row 44: Knit.
- Rows 45-46: With C, Knit.
- Row 47: K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2.
- Row 48: K2, [K2tog] to last 2 sts, K2—11 (12) sts.
- Row 49: K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2.
- Row 50: K3 (2), [K2tog] 3 times, K2—8 sts.
- Cut yarn leaving a 12” [30 cm] tail.
- Draw tail through all 8 sts, pull tightly to close and knot to secure.
Read NextChristmas Tree Dishcloth