We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This beginner knit cable pattern is great for knitters who don't like working with cable needles. You can easily work up this Knit Scarflette in a lazy weekend and have something fun and fashionable to wear all year long. Made with a baby cable pattern, this mini scarflette is made by knitting 2 stitches together, rather than using a cable needle.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners!
- Pair of 10 or 11 sized needles
- Yarn (I used Red Heart Gold yarn. It wasn’t a full skein, so you can easily make this with leftover yarn)
- Large Button
- Tapestry Needle
- Cast on 42 stitches. If you want it to be larger or smaller, cast on in multiples of 4 stitches, plus 2 extra stitches at the end.
- Row 1: Knit 2, *Pearl 2, Knit 2; repeat from * to end of row.
- Row 2: Pearl 2, *Knit 2, Pearl 2; repeat from * to end of row.
- Row 3: As row 1.
- Row 4: Pearl 2, *Knit 2 stitches together, leaving on needles. Insert your right needle between the two stitches you just knitted together and knit the first stitch on the left needle again. Then drop both stitches off needle. Pearl 2; repeat from * to end of row.
- Repeat Rows 1-4 until your scarflette is about 31 inches long. Bind off.
- Sew your button on one corner of the right side of the work. I just used some extra yarn to attach the button.
- Braid or crochet a loop for the button. It should be about 5-6 inches long. Use a tapestry needle to weave it into the scarf, tying it securely on the wrong side of the work.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Knit Two Hours or Less Scarf
Soft and Smoky Potato Chip Scarf
A Green Lace Scarf
29 Free Knit Scarf Patterns Using Bulky Yarn
Chain Stitch Scarf Knitting Pattern
Easy Striped Scarf
Prairie Knit Shawl Pattern
Beginner Montgomery Scarf
12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easter Egg Maracas Craft
- Upcycled Jeans Wall Vase
- Mother's Day Candle Gift Set
- Off the Shoulder Dress Pattern
- Free Butterfly Printables
- Teach Me Cricut Design Space
- Repurposed Plastic Egg Carton Floral Wreath
- Cinco De Mayo Invitation
- Cinco De Mayo Decorations
- Photos and Camera Quilt
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home