Artsy Potato Chip Scarf
Fashion scarves are a great accessory, and this Artsy Potato Chip Scarf from Red Heart Yarn is perfect for a nice night on the town. This scarf is so easy and fun to make that you'll soon have all kinds of these soft colorful scarves in your closet.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners!
- RED HEART® Boutique™ “Sashay™”:1 ball 1937 Mambo A
- RED HEART® “Soft”: 1 ball 4604 Navy B
- Knitting needles: 5.5mm [US 9] circular needle, 29” long or longer
- Yarn needle
- Sewing needle
- Matching thread
- With A, cast on 143 sts, inserting needle into every other loop to put sts onto needle.
- Rows 1-4: With B, k1, *p1, k1; repeat from * to end of row.
- Rows 5 and 6: With A, knit to end of row.
- Rows 7 and 8: With B, k1, *p1, k1; repeat from * to end of row.
- Rows 9 and 10: With B, knit to end of row.
- Bind off.
- With yarn needle, weave in B ends. With sewing needle and thread, tack A ends to underside of ruffles.
- GAUGE: Gauge is not essential for this project.
- To work with Sashay, hold ribbon of yarn with metallic end at bottom and ‘railroad track’ at top.
- To cast-on, insert needle into every other loop of ‘railroad track’, from back to front.
- To knit, insert right hand needle into next loop on left hand needle knitwise. Skip every other loop at top of ‘railroad track’, place next loop of Sashay onto tip of right hand needle, from front to back. Draw loop through and complete stitch as for normal knit stitch.