We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Fashion scarves are a great accessory, and this Artsy Potato Chip Scarf from Red Heart Yarn is perfect for a nice night on the town. This scarf is so easy and fun to make that you'll soon have all kinds of these soft colorful scarves in your closet.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners!
- RED HEART® Boutique™ “Sashay™”:1 ball 1937 Mambo A
- RED HEART® “Soft”: 1 ball 4604 Navy B
- Knitting needles: 5.5mm [US 9] circular needle, 29” long or longer
- Yarn needle
- Sewing needle
- Matching thread
- With A, cast on 143 sts, inserting needle into every other loop to put sts onto needle.
- Rows 1-4: With B, k1, *p1, k1; repeat from * to end of row.
- Rows 5 and 6: With A, knit to end of row.
- Rows 7 and 8: With B, k1, *p1, k1; repeat from * to end of row.
- Rows 9 and 10: With B, knit to end of row.
- Bind off.
- With yarn needle, weave in B ends. With sewing needle and thread, tack A ends to underside of ruffles.
- GAUGE: Gauge is not essential for this project.
- To work with Sashay, hold ribbon of yarn with metallic end at bottom and ‘railroad track’ at top.
- To cast-on, insert needle into every other loop of ‘railroad track’, from back to front.
- To knit, insert right hand needle into next loop on left hand needle knitwise. Skip every other loop at top of ‘railroad track’, place next loop of Sashay onto tip of right hand needle, from front to back. Draw loop through and complete stitch as for normal knit stitch.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make your own chandelier for only a few bucks using this tutorial from Heather Mann! The Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier looks like… Continue reading: "Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- I Spy Sports
- I Spy Outer Space
- Winter Kids Scarf
- 42 Things To Do With The Elf On The Shelf
- How To Make Sanda Frost From Paper?
- Color Block (or Not) Earrings
- Buffalo Plaid Placemat
- 10 Winter Coloring Pages for Adults: Printable PDFs
- Elf Leg Earrings
- Through The Window Hand Towel
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home