Two Tone Cowl
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Two-Tone Cowl is perfect for using up those half skeins of yarn that are taking up space in your craft bin. Match 2 of your favorite colors to create a bold accessory that you can wear all year long. This knit cowl is great for beginners and makes a cute accessory for women of all ages.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners!
- 1 skein of white yarn
- 1 skein of teal yarn
- Size 8 knitting needles
- Tapestry needle
- Cast on 21 stitches.
- Row 1: Knit.
- Row 2: Purl.
- Row 3: Knit.
- Row 4: Knit.
- Row 5: *Knit 2 together, yarn over*. Repeat from * * to last stitch. Knit last stitch.
- Row 6: Knit.
- Repeat row 1-6 42 more times.
- If you’d like, switch to another color and repeat rows 1-6 15 more times…or you can just continue with the first color for 15 more rows.
- Bind off and weave in ends.
- To make the scarf continual, you’ll need to sew the two ends together. I used the teal yarn and a tapestry needle for this step. Join the two sides together so the wrong side is facing out. Then simply weave the yarn through the first stitch on the white row and the first stitch on the teal row. Continue working your way down the row until the scarf is knitted together. Weave in ends.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Easter Basket Ideas: 28 Easter Baskets to Make
- Easy Patterned Paper Wreath
- Mokume Gane Coasters with Cork
- Wine Bag Gift Packaging
- Shibori Style Dyed Pillows You Can Make
- Doodled T-Shirt with Fabric Markers
- 21 DIY Rainbow Crafts
- Mirror Duck Tape
- 18 Crochet Baby Hat Patterns for Beginners
- 24 Craft Ideas for Seashells
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home