On The Slopes Knit Hat Pattern
"This stretchy hat features two widths of cable to create a cozy look thats perfect for winter. Skills Used - Basic knitting skills: cast on, knit, purl. Knitting in the round and small circumference knitting in the round using circular needles and magic loop or DPNs. Cables (C2F, C4F, and C6F with written instructions in the pattern). Decreasing (k2tog, p2tog)"
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge19 stitches, 24 rows, 4 inches. 19 sts x 24 rows = 4 (10 cm) in stockinette st. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Knit Picks Swish Worsted (100% superwash Merino wool, 1.75 oz/50 g, 110 yd/100 m) 1 skein in Marine Heather (CA), or approximately 110 yd (100 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- Knit Picks Swish Tonal (100% superwash Merino wool, 3.5 oz/100 g, 220 yd/201 m) 1 skein in Pacific Tonal (CB), or approximately 124 yd (113 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- U.S. Size 7 (4.5mm) 40 (100 cm) circular knitting needles (or set of DPNs, for small circumference knitting in the round), or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Cable needle.
- Stitch marker.
- Yarn needle.
- Pompom maker, extra large (optional).
Finished Size Hat: 21 (61 cm) circumference x 8.5 (21.5 cm) height (not including pom pom).
Read NextBeginner Hat Knitting Pattern
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use