On The Slopes Knit Hat Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This stretchy hat features two widths of cable to create a cozy look thats perfect for winter. Skills Used - Basic knitting skills: cast on, knit, purl. Knitting in the round and small circumference knitting in the round using circular needles and magic loop or DPNs. Cables (C2F, C4F, and C6F with written instructions in the pattern). Decreasing (k2tog, p2tog)"
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge19 stitches, 24 rows, 4 inches. 19 sts x 24 rows = 4 (10 cm) in stockinette st. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Knit Picks Swish Worsted (100% superwash Merino wool, 1.75 oz/50 g, 110 yd/100 m) 1 skein in Marine Heather (CA), or approximately 110 yd (100 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- Knit Picks Swish Tonal (100% superwash Merino wool, 3.5 oz/100 g, 220 yd/201 m) 1 skein in Pacific Tonal (CB), or approximately 124 yd (113 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- U.S. Size 7 (4.5mm) 40 (100 cm) circular knitting needles (or set of DPNs, for small circumference knitting in the round), or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Cable needle.
- Stitch marker.
- Yarn needle.
- Pompom maker, extra large (optional).
Finished Size Hat: 21 (61 cm) circumference x 8.5 (21.5 cm) height (not including pom pom).
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dream Catcher Coloring Page for Adults
- Alphabet Coloring Page PDF
- Medley of Fall Leaves Adult Coloring Page
- Felt Emoji Hoop
- 16 Southwest Crafts
- Bias Calculator And Formula
- 15 Unique Crochet Stitches
- 23 Crochet Shawl Patterns and Wraps
- 14 Craft Ideas to Combat Anxiety
- Intricate Fall Wreath Adult Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home