Diagonal Hat and Scarf Knitting Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This unique hat and scarf set from Bernat Yarns is knit diagonally and finished off with fun pom-poms. This hat and scarf knitting pattern can be adapted to adults or children.
Find this beautiful pattern and more knit hats in 27 Free Hat Knitting Patterns.
- Yarn: Bernat Softee Chunky (Solids: 100 g/3.5 oz) or Bernat Softee Chunky (Ombres: 80 g/2.8 oz)
Hat: Solids: 1 (1-2) ball(s) or Ombres: 1 (2-2) ball(s)
Scarf: MC -Solids: 1 (1-2) ball(s) or Ombres: 1 (2-2) ball(s). A -Solids: 1 (2-2) ball(s) or Ombres: 1 (2-3) ball(s).
- Knitting needles: Size 6 mm (U.S. 10) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 13 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in garter st.
- Hat: To fit 2/4 yrs (6/8 yrs-Adult).
- Scarf: 5 (7-9) ins [12.5 (18-23) cm] wide x 36 (48-60) ins [91.5 (122-152.5) cm] long.
- With MC, cast on 21 (31-41) sts.
- **1st row: (WS). Knit.
- 2nd row: (RS). K1. M1. Knit to last 2 sts. K2tog.
- 3rd and 4th rows: Knit.
- 5th row: Sl1. K1. psso. Knit to last st. M1. K1.
- 6th row: Knit.
- These 6 rows form Diagonal Pat.**
- Change to A and rep last 6 rows twice more. Last 18 rows form Stripe Pat.
- Cont in Diagonal Pat, keeping cont of Stripe Pat until 18 rows of Stripe Pat have been worked 12 (16-20) times. Cast off knitwise.
Tassel (make 2)
- Cut a piece of cardboard 6 ins [15 cm] wide. Wind 1 strand each of MC and A around cardboard 20 times. Break yarn leaving a long end and thread end through a needle. Slip needle through all loops and tie tightly. Remove cardboard and wind yarn tightly around loops 1 inch [2.5 cm] below fold. Fasten securely. Cut through rem loops and trim ends evenly. Attach one tassel to each point at both ends of Scarf.
Note: Hat has been sized to allow for stretch.
- Cast on 35 (41-51) sts.
- Work from ** to ** as given for Scarf until side of work measures 16 (17-18) ins [40.5 (43-45.5) cm], ending on a 3rd or 6th row of Diagonal Pat. Cast off knitwise.
- Sew cast on and cast off edges tog. Using a running st, stitch around hat 2 ins [5 cm] down from upper edge of Hat. Pull to gather for top of Hat. Fasten securely.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dream Catcher Coloring Page for Adults
- Alphabet Coloring Page PDF
- Medley of Fall Leaves Adult Coloring Page
- Felt Emoji Hoop
- 16 Southwest Crafts
- Bias Calculator And Formula
- 15 Unique Crochet Stitches
- 23 Crochet Shawl Patterns and Wraps
- 14 Craft Ideas to Combat Anxiety
- Intricate Fall Wreath Adult Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home