We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
If you're looking for a lightweight, fun, frilly, knitted poncho pattern, you'll find it in this Jazzy Poncho from Caron! This poncho is easy to make and can be worn with almost anything. Dress it down during the day and jazz it up at night!
- Caron International's Simply Soft Brites: 4 ply, Worsted Weight (100% acrylic; 6 oz/170g): 2 skeins # 9610 Grape
- Size US #13 or #15 knitting needles
- Size J crochet hook
- CO 33 (43) sts. Purl 1 row.
- Pattern (numbers 2-5): R1: K1, *K1-YO-K3-Sl 1-K2tog-PSSO-K3-YO* end K2.
- Rows 2-4-6: Purl.
- R3: K1* K2-YO-K2-Sl 1-K2tog-PSSO-K2-YO-K1* end K3 instead of K1.
- R5: K1-K2tog* YO-K1-YO-K1-Sl1-K2tog-PSSO-K1-YO-K1-YO-Sl 1-K2tog-PSSO* end YO-K1-YO- K2tog-K1. Added clarification for Row 5: rep from *, ending last rep [k1, yo] twice, k2tog, k1.
- The last time you repeat from the * instead of doing the sl 1, k2tog, psso after the [k1, yo] twice, you end with k2tog, k1. Therefore the last time through the repeat you only work 5 sts instead of 10 and then work the 5 ending stitches. This works out to 43 sts. For the last 10-st repeat of the pattern, there is no compensating increase (yo) after the double decrease (sl 1, k2tog, PSSO), so instead of working 'sl 1, k2tog, psso' (a double decrease, using 3 sts) you work 'k2tog' (a single decrease, using 2 sts), then knit the last st (which is actually an edge st throughout the Stitch pattern). This will keep the stitch count consistent on Row 5.
- Repeat rows 1-6 for 30”. Bind off loosely.
- Make 2 pieces.
- Lay pieces flat. Mark each piece according to diagram.
- Join and pin seams.
- Using crochet hook, SC in each loop decreasing in each “V” or seam. Join.
- Finish with Backward SC or Shell Stitch.
- Cut 10”-Use 3 strands.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"A gathered waist dress pattern is the perfect clothing item for summer! Fun and easy to sew, this women's summer dress pattern and… Continue reading: "Gathered Waist Summer Dress Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make Bow Scrunchies
- 5 Free Loom Knitting Slipper Patterns
- How to Estimate Length of Macrame Cord Needed
- 14 Gorgeous Day of the Dead Crafts
- Denim Cables Floor Pillow
- Litus Beach Bag
- Natare Top
- Autumn Leaves Shawl
- Top Down Summer Tee
- Cozy Campfire Striped Hoodie
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home