We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
If you're looking for a lightweight, fun, frilly, knitted poncho pattern, you'll find it in this Jazzy Poncho from Caron! This poncho is easy to make and can be worn with almost anything. Dress it down during the day and jazz it up at night!
- Caron International's Simply Soft Brites: 4 ply, Worsted Weight (100% acrylic; 6 oz/170g): 2 skeins # 9610 Grape
- Size US #13 or #15 knitting needles
- Size J crochet hook
- CO 33 (43) sts. Purl 1 row.
- Pattern (numbers 2-5): R1: K1, *K1-YO-K3-Sl 1-K2tog-PSSO-K3-YO* end K2.
- Rows 2-4-6: Purl.
- R3: K1* K2-YO-K2-Sl 1-K2tog-PSSO-K2-YO-K1* end K3 instead of K1.
- R5: K1-K2tog* YO-K1-YO-K1-Sl1-K2tog-PSSO-K1-YO-K1-YO-Sl 1-K2tog-PSSO* end YO-K1-YO- K2tog-K1. Added clarification for Row 5: rep from *, ending last rep [k1, yo] twice, k2tog, k1.
- The last time you repeat from the * instead of doing the sl 1, k2tog, psso after the [k1, yo] twice, you end with k2tog, k1. Therefore the last time through the repeat you only work 5 sts instead of 10 and then work the 5 ending stitches. This works out to 43 sts. For the last 10-st repeat of the pattern, there is no compensating increase (yo) after the double decrease (sl 1, k2tog, PSSO), so instead of working 'sl 1, k2tog, psso' (a double decrease, using 3 sts) you work 'k2tog' (a single decrease, using 2 sts), then knit the last st (which is actually an edge st throughout the Stitch pattern). This will keep the stitch count consistent on Row 5.
- Repeat rows 1-6 for 30”. Bind off loosely.
- Make 2 pieces.
- Lay pieces flat. Mark each piece according to diagram.
- Join and pin seams.
- Using crochet hook, SC in each loop decreasing in each “V” or seam. Join.
- Finish with Backward SC or Shell Stitch.
- Cut 10”-Use 3 strands.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"Make a fashion statement with this modern T-shirt yarn necklace. This accessory will look well with a simple shirt, or wear it when… Continue reading: "Royal Purple T-Shirt Yarn Necklace"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wrap Me In Sunshine Shawl
- Rock Painting Flowers For Kids
- Blueberries And Cream
- Baby Changing Mat Patterns
- Double Layer Chiffon Blouse Free Tutorial
- Flikka Flamingo
- Diy Christmas Stocking Boxed Wine Dispenser
- Halloween Tentacle Candy Bowl
- Cranberry Pie Granny Square
- No Carve Snow White Pumpkin
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home