Multicolored Diamond Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Depth and texture abound with this knit blanket that uses overlapping diamond details. It's the perfect cuddle buddy for your baby, from Bernat Yarns.
- Bernat® Cottontots (Solids: 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- MC: 5 balls (#90007 Sweet Cream)
- A: 2 balls (#90235 Country Green)
- B: 2 balls (#90105 Country Blue)
- C: 2 balls (#90012 Country Taupe)
- or Bernat® Cottontots (Ombres: 85 g / 3 oz)
- MC: 6 balls, A: 2 balls, B: 2 balls, C: 2 balls
- Circular Knitting Needle: size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) 36 ins [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Approx 38 x 46 ins [96.5 x 117 cm].
20 sts and 26 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
Note: Slip all slipped sts purlwise.
With A, cast on 193 sts.
**1st row: (RS). With MC, K1. *Sl1. K9. Rep from * to last 2 sts. Sl1. K1.
2nd and alt rows: Knit all knit sts, and slip all slipped sts from previous row as follows: yf. Sl1. yb.
3rd row: With A, K3. *(Sl1. K1) 3 times. Sl1. K3. Rep from * to end of row.
5th row: With MC, K2. *Sl1. K7. Sl1. K1. Rep from * to last st. K1.
7th row: With A, K4. *(Sl1. K1) twice. Sl1. K5. Rep from * to last 9 sts. (Sl1. K1) twice. Sl1. K4.
9th row: With MC, (K1. Sl1) twice. *K5. (Sl1. K1) twice. Sl1. Rep from * to last 9 sts. K5. (Sl1. K1) twice.
11th row: With A, K5. *Sl1. K1. Sl1. K7. Rep from * to last 8 sts. Sl1. K1. Sl1. K5.
13th row: With MC, K1. (K1. Sl1) twice. *K3. (Sl1. K1) 3 times. Sl1. Rep from * to last 8 sts. K3. (Sl1. K1) twice. K1.
15th row: With A, K6. *Sl1. K9. Rep from * to last 7 sts. Sl1. K6.
17th row: With MC, as 13th row.
19th row: With A, as 11th row.
21st row: With MC, as 9th row.
23rd row: With A, as 7th row.
25th row: With MC, as 5th row.
27th row: With A, as 3rd row.
28th row: As 2nd row. Rep 1st to 28th rows substituting B for A. Rep 1st to 28th rows substituting C for A.**
Rep from ** to ** until work from beg measures approx 45 ins [114.5 cm], ending on a 28th row of pat. Cast off.
Top and Bottom Edging: With RS of work facing and MC, pick up and knit 176 sts across top or bottom edge.
Knit 2 rows. Cast off knitwise (WS).
Side Edging: With RS of work facing and MC, pick up and knit 218 sts along each side edge. Knit 2 rows. Cast off knitwise (WS).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- 19 Free Baby Blanket Knitting Patterns
- Multicolored Diamond Blanket
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- Blush Baby Blanket Knitting Pattern
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Sewing Projects
- Small Quilt Tutorial
- Fabric Skull and Crossbones Wall Hanging
- Sewing Finishes
- Crossover Style Baby Bib Pattern
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Monthly Subscription
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- QAYG Half moon Pouch
- Flower Door Hanging
- Squishy and Chunky Crochet Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home