We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The staggered squares create a lacy detail effect for this knit baby blanket. This is a sporty and light comforter for baby.
- Bernat® Baby Sport (Big Ball) Solids (350 g / 12.3 oz) OR Ombres (280 g / 9.8 oz)
- 1 ball of #21730 (Popsicle Blue).
- Circular Knitting Needle: size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) 36 ins [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Approx 35 ins [89 cm] square.
18 sts and 30 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pat.
Cast on 133 sts. Working back and forth across needle in rows, proceed as follows:
Work 7 rows in garter st (knit every row), noting 1st row is WS and inc 8 sts evenly across last row. 141 sts.
1st row: (RS). K5. P1. *K4. K2tog. K3. yrn. P1. Rep from * to last 5 sts. K5.
2nd row: K6. *P5. K5. Rep from * to last 5 sts. K5.
3rd row: K5. P1. *K4. K2tog. K2. yfwd. K1. P1. Rep from * to last 5 sts. K5.
4th row: As 2nd row.
5th row: K5. P1. *K4. K2tog. K1. yfwd. K2. P1. Rep from * to last 5 sts. K5.
6th row: As 2nd row.
7th row: K5. P1. *K4. K2tog. yfwd. K3. P1. Rep from * to last 5 sts. K5.
8th row: As 2nd row.
9th row: K5. P1. *yon. K3. Sl1. K1. psso. K4. P1. Rep from * to last 5 sts. K5.
10th row: K10. *P5. K5. Rep from * to last 11 sts. P5. K6.
11th row: K5. *P1. K1. yfwd. K2. Sl1. K1. psso. K4. Rep from * to last 6 sts. P1. K5.
12th row: As 10th row.
13th row: K5. *P1. K2. yfwd. K1. Sl1. K1. psso. K4. Rep from * to last 6 sts. P1. K5.
14th row: As 10th row.
15th row: K5. *P1. K3. yfwd. Sl1. K1. psso. K4. Rep from * to last 6 sts. P1. K5.
16th row: As 10th row.
Rep last 16 rows for pat until work from beg measures approx 34 ins [86.5 cm], ending on a 16th row of pat.
Next row: Knit, dec 8 sts evenly across. 133 sts.
Work a further 6 rows in garter st. Cast off knitwise (WS).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"Learn how to sew an adorable heart-shaped heating pad that is the perfect size for isolating aches and pains. These special… Continue reading: "How to Sew a Heart Shaped Heating Pad"
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- Tri Color Squares Blanket
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- 19 Free Baby Blanket Knitting Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Radiating Squares Baby Blanket
- Plaid Blanket for Babies
- Native Stripes Knit Blanket Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cupcake Kids Apron
- Feeling Flirty Lacy Shell Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Hdc Heart Hat
- 18" C2c Alphabet Square
- Crochet Braided Headband
- C2c Enamored Heart Afghan Square
- Easy Crochet Summer Summer Hat
- Basic C2c Chunky Afghan
- Suzette's Chunky Afghan
- Top Knot Crochet Headband
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home