Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You'll love this Modern Lovey Baby Afghan that makes a great baby blanket or adult throw. Add a touch of color to any room using this striped, eight-row blanket. This is one of those cute knitting patterns for babies that you can't miss. Two additional rows of knitting help to create a nice clean border around this classic piece shown in two versions below.
Version 1 (left) and Version 2 (right):
Approx 47” x 34”/119.5cm x /86.5cm (64” x 55”/162.5cm x 139.5cm)
- Stitch.Rock.Love. Sheep(ish) from Caron (70% Acrylic/30% Wool; 3oz/85g,167yds/153m)
- Variation 1
- #0007 Hot Pink(ish) (A): 3 balls
- #0011 Taupe(ish) (B): 2 balls
- #0020 Chartreuse(ish) (C): 2 balls
- #0009 Espresso(ish) (D): 2 balls
- #0017 Tuquoise(ish) (E): 2 balls
- #0015 Red(ish) (F): 2 balls
- Variation 2
- #0001 Black(ish) (A): 3 balls
- #0002 Gun Metal(ish) (B): 2 balls
- #0003 Grey(ish) (C): 2 balls
- #0004 White(ish) (D): 2 balls
- #0016 Teal(ish) (E): 2 balls
- #0005 Plum(ish) (F): 2 balls
- One pair size U.S. 8 (5mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Cable needle (cn)
- Yarn needle
In Garter stitch, 16 sts and 32 rows = 4”/10cm
With B, CO 182 (248) sts
Rows 1 and 3 (RS): Knit.
Row 2: Purl.
Row 4: P1, *p1 wrapping yarn 3 times around needle; rep from * to last st, p1.
Row 5: K1, *sl next 3 sts onto cn and hold in front allowing extra wraps to
drop, k3 allowing extra wraps to drop, k3 from cn; rep from * to last st, k1.
Rows 6-8: Knit.
Join A. Rep Rows 1-6 twice. Rep Rows 7-8.
Join C. Rep Rows 1-8.
Join D. Rep Rows 1-8.
Join E. Rep Rows 1-6 three times. Rep Rows 7-8.
Join F. Rep Rows 1-8.
Cont in this manner, changing colors and width of color stripes as desired
making sure to work Rows 7 and 8 before each color change, until piece
measures approx 32 (53)”.
With RS facing and A, PU sts evenly along CO edge.
Row 1 (WS): Knit.
Row 2: Kf&b of first st, knit to last st, kf&b of last st.
Rep Rows 1 and 2, six more times. BO.
Rep border along BO edge, then along each side edge.
Using yarn needle, seam together border at corners. Weave in ends.
Block, if necessary.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Lacy Sweet Hearts Baby Blanket
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Striped Baby Blankie and Playful Puppy Pal
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- Baby Blue Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Pumpkin Patch Bear
- Hanukkah Gift Envelopes
- Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Angled Mesh Crochet Scarf
- Candy Corn Crochet Door Basket
- Giant Crochet Cable Pillow
- Crochet Spiderwebs Table Runner
- Crochet Candy Corn Earrings
- Crochet Business Card Holders
- Crochet Halloween Wreath
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home