Duck Baby Blanket Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This unique baby blanket knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns features a blue background with ducks at each corner. Try your hand at knitting shapes with this easy knitted blanket. This blanket will remind baby of fun bath times.
- Yarn: 3 balls of Bernat Baby Bouclé (100 g/3.5 oz) in Main Color (MC) (Blue), 3 balls of Contrast A (White)
- Knitting needles: Size 6 mm (U.S. 10) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Pattern (with chart) here.
13 sts and 20 rows = 4" [10 cm] in stocking st.
Approx 31 x 34" [78.5 x 86.5 cm.]
Note: When working with more than 2 colors, wind small balls of the colors to be used, one for each separate area of color in the design. Start new colors at appropriate points. To change colors, twist the two colors around each other where they meet, on WS, to avoid a hole.
Strip A (make 1):
**With MC cast on 24 sts. Work 6 rows in stocking st. Work Chart in stocking st to end of chart, reading knit rows from right to left and purl rows from left to
right. With MC, work 6 rows stocking st.**
Next row: (With A, K6. With MC, K6) twice.
Next row: (With MC, P6. With A, P6) twice.
These 2 rows form pat.
***Cont in pat until work from beg measures 24" [61 cm].
With MC work 6 rows in stocking st. Work Chart in stocking st to end of chart.
With MC work 6 rows in stocking st. Cast off.***
Strip C (make 1):
Rep from ** to ** as given for Strip A.
Next row: (With MC, K6. With A, K6) twice.
Next row: (With A, P6. With MC, P6) twice.
These 2 rows form pat.
Work from ***to*** as given for Strip A.
Strip B (make 1):
With MC cast on 50 sts.
*Work 8 rows in stocking st. With A, work 8 rows in stocking st.* Rep from *to* once. With MC, cont in stocking st until work from beg measures 24" [61 cm]. With A, work 8 rows in stocking st. With MC rep from *to* once. With
MC, work 8 rows in stocking st. Cast off.
Join Strips as follows: A, B, C.
With RS of work facing and MC pick up and knit 73 sts across top of Blanket. Knit 10 rows. Cast off. Rep for bottom edge.
With RS of work facing and MC pick up and knit 124 sts along side of Blanket. Knit 10 rows. Cast off. Rep for other side.
Make Tassels: (Make 4)
Cut a piece of cardboard 4 1/2" [11.5 cm] wide. Wind MC around cardboard 25 times. Break yarn leaving a long end and thread end through a needle. Slip needle through all loops and tie tightly. Remove cardboard and wind yarn tightly around loops 1" [2 cm.] below fold. Fasten securely. Cut through rem loops and trim ends evenly. Attach to corners of blanket. With MC embroider eye using satin stitch (see Diagram).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Create a beautiful hand-stitched cloth napkin for your home with this Adorable Hand Stitched DIY Tea Towels tutorial. If you're a big… Continue reading: "Adorable Hand Stitched DIY Tea Towelsvideocam"
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- 19 Free Baby Blanket Knitting Patterns
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Staggered Square Knit Blanket
- Native Stripes Knit Blanket Pattern
- Knit Ripple Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quick Triangle Shawl
- Christmas Cross Box Ornaments
- Chinoiserie Style Blue and White Pumpkins DIY
- Surprisingly Strange Inspirations: The Serendipitous Slipper Challenge
- Snowman Jar
- Elanor Earrings
- Dreamie Preemie
- Easy Tabletop Feathered Christmas Tree
- Printable Candy Advent Calendar
- Disney-Inspired Advent Calendar DIY
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home