Blue Knit Baby Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Now you can create this beautiful free knitting pattern. It's a great baby blanket to keep that little one warm. You can use different color yarn to be sex appropriate.
- 4 sk Bernat CottonTots or other soft worsted weight yarn
- Size 8 knitting needles (or size to give you correct gauge)
- 8 sts and 12 rows = 2 inches in Basketweave pattern
- Cast on 92 sts. Knit 8 rows.
Begin eyelet section:
- Row 1: K4, *YO, K2tog, repeat from * across, to last 4 sts. YO, K4.
- Row 2: K4, P across to last 4 sts, k4.
- Row 3: K4, YO, ssk, K across to last 7 sts. K3tog, YO, K4.
Begin Basket-Weave Pattern (12 rows)
- Row 1 (Wrong side): K4, P2, *K4, P4, repeat from * across to last 6 sts, P2, K4.
- Row 2: (Right side): K4, YO, ssk, *K4, P4, repeat from * across to last 6 sts, K2tog, YO, K4.
- Rows 3 & 5: Repeat Row 1.
- Rows 4 & 6: Repeat Row 2.
- Row 7: K4, P2, *P4, K4, repeat from * across to last 6 sts, P2, K4.
- Row 8: K4, YO, SSK, *P4, K4, repeat from * across to last 6 sts, K2tog, YO, K4.
- Rows 9 & 11: Repeat row 7.
- Rows 10 & 12: Repeat row 8.
- Repeat rows 1-12 until blanket measures approx. 35 inches, ending with row 12 (right side).
Ending eyelet section:
- Row 1: K4, P across to last 4 sts, k4.
- Row 2: K4, YO, ssk, *YO, K2tog, repeat from * across to last 7 sts. K2tog, YO, K4.
- Row 3: K4, P across to last 4 sts, K4. Knit next 8 rows, bind off. Tuck in any loose ends, block if desired.
To make a bigger blanket, increase by multiples of 8 (knit 4, purl 4).
SSK should be done this way: Slip two stitches knitwise onto right needle. Insert left needle into the back of these stitches and complete stitch. This causes the decrease to point to the left.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Native Stripes Knit Blanket Pattern
- Multicolored Diamond Blanket
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- Staggered Square Knit Blanket
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rainbow Ruffle Cowl
- Diy Christmas Tree Ornament -2 Free Templates
- Moroccan Weekend Wrap
- Photo Frame Christmas Signs
- Chaucer Twist - One Hour Cowl Pattern
- Thank Scrunchie It’s Friday! - Crochet Scrunchie Pattern
- Easy Twisted Headband
- Upcycled Plaid Shirt Christmas Stocking Tutorial
- Candy Cane Mason Jar Luminary
- Diy Velcro( Hook And Loop Fastener) Toys
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home