Tiny Teacup Topiary
Add a touch of elegance to any setting. This charming topiary is easy to make and sure to delight, whether it's for an afternoon tea, a bridal shower, or simply to brighten up your home.
Find this project and more in our pretty collection of 35 Homemade Mother's Day Flowers.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Products:
- Balls, 1-1/2" and 2"
- Silk flowers, assorted small flowers to match cup
- Silk flower stem, 6" length (model used rose stem)
- Demitasse cup, with or without saucer
- Wire cutters
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- Ribbon, 1/2 yd x 5/8", wire edge
- Green moss
- Insert and glue 1" of silk flower stem in 1-1/2" ball.
- Cut flowers from stems and glue to 1-1/2" ball; continue until ball is covered.
- Place 2" ball in cup; if needed, flatten sides to fit. Flatten top of ball so it's level with rim of cup. Glue in place.
- Insert and glue 1-1/2" of flower stem in foam ball in cup.
- Cover foam base with green moss.
- Make two-loop bow with center knot. Secure with floral wire. Wire bow to the topiary stem, under center front of ball; glue in place.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextCute Strawberry Dish Towel Holder
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 18, 2018
Another great simple and fast Mother's Day gift to make for your mom or someone special. This topiary will keep because it is made from silk flowers. You can get all the supplies very inexpensive. The teacup you can find at many thrieft stores and silk flowers from dollar store. Great to put on office desk or even around the house. A great keepsake too. Nice idea.
Jun 05, 2017
This project would be a great way to preserve a memory or a cherished tea set once used in the family, but no longer serviceable. And it also serves as a focal,point as an alternative to sitting on display in the dining room hutch And if you see the perfect little cup at an estate sale, this gives you a new way to display it!
Mar 14, 2016
This would be a great handmade gift for many different occasions. You could take an odd tea cup and re-purpose it into this gift and give as a bridal gift to a family member on her wedding day. You could also re-purpose an odd tea cup and surprise someone in an adult home or nursing home. You can use this for so many occasions, it is a wonderful idea.
maureenjsmith 3092 411
Sep 19, 2014
This will work perfectly as table decorations/place markers for a bridal tea I'm giving soon. Thrift store finds and garage sale treasures will be ideal. I'll customize each one for the particular guest, then she will be able to take hers home as a momentous.
joeandjosiep 91510 39
Sep 21, 2013
I have not made this yet but it is a great way to "reuse" teacups that are not a complete set anymore.I also think its a great party favor or you could bring one to some lady who is in hospital or a rest home..doesnt take much space and doesnt need water
Jun 23, 2011
What an original idea! This would make such a cute gift on Mother's Day or for a birthday for a mother, grandmother, aunt, godmother...or a spring/summer decoration for a luncheon, etc. A miniature butterfly or two scattered among the roses would look so cute.
Jun 23, 2011
This is adorable! And it 'recycles' an older tea cup without the matching saucer!
Mar 18, 2011
Really sweet, even if it doesn't involve cupcakes. Wish I hadn't gotten rid of my old teacups. But I'll bet I could snag all sorts of things in a thrift shop or rummage sale, or use something I already have but don't use. Lots of possibilities.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use