Must-Make French Chair
Learn how to paint a chair the French way - with lots of style and plenty of flair. No classy home is complete without this Must-Make French Chair. Every time you sit in this chair, you will feel like you're seated at a quaint little Parisian cafe. All you need is a croissant and a latte. This tutorial will show you how to paint a wooden chair with a pretty harlequin pattern that will surely turn heads. Paint your own Must-Make French Chair for a quick trip to Paris that you never have to leave.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects free eBook from DecoArt!
Americana® Decor™ Chalky Finish Paint
- Enchanted (ADC16)
- Everlasting (ADC01)
- Inheritance (ADC12)
- Rouge (ADC07)
Americana® Decor™ Stencils
- Distressed Harlequin (ADS03)
- French Living (ADS05)
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- 1" flat brush
- Wooden chair
- Cosmetic sponge
- 1" blue painter's tape
Let dry completely between painting steps. Top coat with wax to protect if needed.
- Wipe down the chair with a damp paper towel.
- Paint entire chair with Rouge using the 1" flat brush.
- Rub paraffin over the chair in areas you would like the Rouge to show through.
- With the 1" flat brush, paint the chair Enchanted.
- Sand the chair to expose the Rouge paint.
- Mix 3 parts Enchanted with 1 part Everlasting. Use this paint and the cosmetic sponge to stencil parts of the Distressed Harlequin design on the back, front, and sides of the chair.
- Use the cosmetic sponge to apply the French Living stencil on the seat with Inheritance.
- Lightly sand the stencils to soften.
- Use paint very sparingly on the sponge to get a clean stencil image.
- Apply multiple coats as needed.
Read NextAdorable Farmhouse Mason Jar Craft