Hanging Recipe Holder
Never again will you have to worry about losing that recipe card. Make this hanging recipe holder, using the eCraft electronic die cutting machine by Craftwell, and holiday cooking is as easy as pie. These also make great gifts to give a teacher.
- Bias tape trim or ribbon to sew along the edges
- eCraft Pro Software
- Leaf SVG's
- Acrylic liquid ink
- Sewing Machine or fabric glue
- Jewerly wire
- Wire cutters
- Using either ready made bias tape, ribbon, or a strip of fabric, sew or staple the vinyl on the edge and glue the trip around the sides and bottom.
- Select various leaf svg files to cut on your Cutting Machine.
- Set the pressure at the lowest setting. Leave the cap on and use no tabs. Use a vegetable cutting sheet for your image stablizer.
- Paint leaves with some acrylic inks to achieve whatever effect your desire.
- You can add some stability by double siding the leaves and adding a small wire to the inside once your leaves are dry.
- Place the leaves along the sides of your holder.
- Hot glue or stitch the leaves onto the recipe holder.
Read NextDIY Lazy Susan
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Dec 14, 2017
Response to the size of the pocket...you could layer the vinyl by using 2 sheets of 9x11.5 and then lay a 9 x 4 or 5 inch piece to the bottom 1/2 then apply the bias/ribbon. This would give you a place for what ever size you use. As I have both recipe card size and full sheet sizes, this would solve for both. Decorate both sides and you can just flip it to the side you need. ALSO I would add velcro to the ends of the bias tape loop to be able to us on my cabinet (I have closed handles rather than knobs). or just leave ends long enough to tie.
Nov 30, 2013
Poor instructions. What is leaf svg's anyway?
Dec 01, 2013
charlottea A leaf svg is a special file used by expensive die-cutting machines that's something for people who have more money to spend than I do susansdavis I agree these are very poorly written instructions As to the size I'd make it the size of most of my recipes which aren't on cards at all but on full sheets of paper X inches so about X inches for the sheets of vinyl in my case If you have recipe cards instead then allow about half an inch larger than your cards in each direction both height and width If you make the holder the size of your largest recipe cards smaller cards might be used in the holder too but removing the card from the holder might be complicated if the holder is as large as mine would need to be and if you attempted to use a much smaller card…Read More in it - such as putting a X card in a full sheet holder IMO the creators of these specialized crafts have excluded many people from making their designs by not providing a template that we could use Example for hand-cutting the leaves to make the item without purchasing the danged machine
susansdavis 121595 8
Nov 21, 2013
Why isn't the vinyl listed in the materials section? What type of vinyl is used? What size? I assume a pocket is being made for a recipe card to slide into, but the directions do not make that clear. Great idea, poor directions.
Feb 19, 2012
This is one of those "Why didn't I think if that"s I have covered the little cards. But this is great! Especially for someone like me that doesn't see well and gets flour everywhere! Thanks for sharing ;)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use