Cardboard Hot Pad
Make a functional and surprisingly beautiful hot pad with cardboard. Follow this tutorial from Jenya of MyEvaForeva to create these cardboard hot pads.
- cutter of some sort (I used my fabric cutter but by all means feel free to use your scissors)
- paper glue
- Cut the cardboard perpendicular to the waves (if you look through all the layers inside of it you will see the waves - don't cut along the waves).
- Run the strips through something hard and round (like a handle of some sort) to make them more flexible and apply a small amount of glue along the perimeter.
- Start rolling your first strip so it would look like the photo below - easy! As the strip finishes, connect the ends with the next strip and continue.
- You can simply continue all the way or insert a design of your choice. I made a small flower. As I added the small circles I tied them while working on the next bunch. I recommend you rather using paper clips to keep your circles in place (I didn't have paper clips)
Don't worry if it doesn't look even - the other side should be much prettier.
- Continue until you reach the size you want. Mine is about 8".
- Finish it with a ribbon of your choice and ...Done!!!
Read NextColorful Clothespin DIY Trivet