Upcycled Foil Collage Greeting Card
Use the foil lids from yogurt, applesauce cups, and any other lids you would usually throw out for the Upcycled Foil Collage Greeting Card. This is an easy craft that helps you create a gorgeous greeting card for any occasion. Nothing compares to receiving a handmade card from a friend or family member because it shows they care. Everyone at a party will pass your cute card around for others to admire. You are being a wonderful friend to the environment when you make this foil craft, too.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Foil lids
- Alcohol inks and applicator
- Embossing folders
- Tacky glue
- Empty mason jar
- Paper punches or dies
- Diecutting machine (optional)
- Decorative brads
- 1/16” hole punch
- Wash and dry several foil lids and smooth out some of the wrinkles with your fingers.
- Punch out desired shapes and place inside an embossing folder. Run the folder through a diecutting machine for a deeper impression, or you can rub the bottom of a jar firmly over the closed folder for a lighter impression.
- Color the plain unprinted sides with alcohol inks.
- Arrange and glue the embossed shapes into a desired collage on a 4”x6” piece of cardstock.
- Embellish with a few brads, such as for the center of the flowers as shown.
- Adhere the foil collage panel to the front of a slightly larger folded card.
Make every day Earth Day with our free printable eBook, Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Materials. Discover ways to reuse materials such as wood, fabric and even popsicle sticks. Get your copy now.
Read NextSeasonal Snowflake Holiday Cards