We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Your brand new baby is the light of your life, so why not send some light up announcements to your family? This unique and unexpected handmade card idea shows you how to combine paper crafting with little lights to make one bright, beautiful, and blue announcement card for your baby boy. If you are on the hunt for a unique way to let the world know about your new little man, the It's A Boy Light-Up Card! The LED lights are actually pretty easy to install. Head on over to the link to learn how to use them for this craft and many more.
In the Designer's Words: "Light up your celebrations with easy to use sticker lights! These tiny LED lights will add sparkle and pizazz to so many decorations. This one was created for a baby shower, but they can be added to all kinds of party projects. Marquee signs and letters are everywhere. Custom make your own mini marquee with these easy-to-use mini light stickers and light up your parties in style! Even if you think you are technically challenged, you CAN do this! Just follow my directions!"
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGeneral Paper Crafting
Project or Page Size8.5 inches x 11 inches
Type of Paper UsedScrapbook Paper
- Chibitronics Light Kit
- 9" x 12" Foam board
- 12" x 12" patterned cardstock
Blue glitter letters
OPTION: Cut your own letters with a die cutting machine
Gold glitter stars
OPTION: Cut your own stars with a die cutting machine or punch
- 1/8" Hole punch
Create your own light-up card:
Cut card stock the same size as the board then adhere to the front of the board.
Following directions in the kit, adhere 3 sticker lights across the bottom of the board and 3 across the top, about 2" from the edge.
Cut two, 9" x 1/2" wide strips from remaining card stock and adhere over the copper tape, visible on the front.
Punch a hole at the center of 6 stars then adhere on top of each light.
Center, then glue letters in place.
Sit back and enjoy your custom marquee!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Turn your home into a winter wonderland with these homemade white pom pom ornaments. These super simple white pom poms were… Continue reading: "Classically Simple Pom Pom Ornaments"
- How to Make a DIY Birthday Card
- Antique Any Occasion Pressed Flower Card
- Amazingly Elegant Metallic Gold Flower Card
- DIY Stained Glass Card Stamp
- I Am the Vine Religious Stamps Card Design
- "Celebrate Life" Card
- Climbing Bouquet Tri-Fold Card
- Foiled Butterfly Notecards
- Doily Vintage Angel Card
- Sea Life Cards
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Edible Outer Space Play Dough
- Easy Curled Ribbon Ornaments
- Diy Fabric Mason Jar Lid Ornaments
- Hairpin Lace Sleeveless Top
- What is Tatting?
- How To Paint On Glass
- How To Make Lipgloss
- Party Food Ideas: How To Make An Impressive Owl Meatloaf
- You've Been Booed Printable
- Campfire Earflap Beanie
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home