Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
Distress Ink Watercolor DIY Greeting Card
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You don't have to be an Artist to create this Distress Ink Watercolor DIY Greeting Card! With a few simple supplies, you can make homemade greeting cards for someone feel special and loved. To make this card, uses an embossing folder, distress ink, crinkle ribbon and embellishments to create a card for any occasion. Learn how to make a greeting card that you can give to a loved one on a birthday or during the holiday season. The pretty colors and meaningful sentiment make this card a true standout. Paper crafts can be fun for anyone to make, so don't be afraid to step outside of the box and try something new.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGeneral Paper Crafting
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
- Watercolor Cardstock
- White Shimmer Cardstock
- Purple Cardstock
- Broken China and Dusty Concord Distress Inks
- Sizzix Playful Embossing Folder
- Sizzix Kitchen Label Dies
- Tim Holtz Good Thoughts Stamp Set
- Jet Black Archival Ink
- Crinkle Ribbon
- Idea-ology Charms
- Little B Butterfly Stickers
- Prima Bead Swarovski Crystals
- Vanilla Smooch Spritz Spray
Cut Watercolor Cardstock to 4 x 5-1/4. Emboss using an Embossing Folder.
Press Broken China Distress Ink onto a Craft Sheet and Brush Ink over Watercolor Cardstock. Spritz with Water and Heat Set or allow to air dry.
Rub Broken China and Dusty Concord Distress Inks onto Crinkle Ribbon, spritz with water, crinkle and heat set. Attach Ribbon to front of Watercolor Cardstock and secure behind.
Tie a triple bow and attach to front of card.
Cut White Shimmer Cardstock to 5-1/2 x 8-1/2. Score and fold at 4-1/4.
Cut a piece of Purple Cardstock to 4-1/8" x 5-3/8".
Attach Watercolor Cardstock to Purple Cardstock and adhere to folded card with Foam Tape.
Stamp sentiment onto smooth side of Watercolor Cardstock with Black Archival Ink and die cut. Cut a second die cut from Purple Cardstock, cut diagonally and reassemble behind sentiment to create a border. Attach to card front with Foam Tape.
Spritz entire card with Vanilla Smooch Spritz Spray.
Attach Charms to bow with Jump Ring.
Adhere Butterfly Stickers to card front.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make your own chandelier for only a few bucks using this tutorial from Heather Mann! The Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier looks like… Continue reading: "Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier"
- DIY Stained Glass Card Stamp
- 64 Handmade Cards for Every Occasion
- 5-Minute DIY Thank You
- Vintage Car Deco Foil Card
- Stenciled Homemade Card
- Polka Dot DIY Greeting Card
- Hanging with My Peeps Birthday Bunny Card
- I Am the Vine Religious Stamps Card Design
- Eight Disney Cards You Can Make
- Elsa-Inspired DIY Card
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- I Spy Sports
- I Spy Outer Space
- Winter Kids Scarf
- 42 Things To Do With The Elf On The Shelf
- How To Make Sanda Frost From Paper?
- Color Block (or Not) Earrings
- Buffalo Plaid Placemat
- 10 Winter Coloring Pages for Adults: Printable PDFs
- Elf Leg Earrings
- Through The Window Hand Towel
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home