Crochet Angel Shawl
If you're looking for a simple shawl crochet pattern, try this crochet angel shawl by Kristin Omdahl! It's light and simple, a wonderful summer crochet shawl.
Finished size: 72" x 26" not including fringe
- 650 yards of light worsted weight yarn, sample shown in Henry's Attic Prime Alpaca
- 120 yards of assorted ribbons or yarn for fringe
- Crochet hook K (6.5mm)
- Tapestry Needle
Special Stitch Glossary:
Sc-tbl: sc into back loop only
Dtr (double treble): Wrap the yarn over the hook 3 times and insert the hook into the work (or sixth chain from hook). *Wrap the yarn over the hook and draw it through 2 loops.* Repeat from * to * 3 times to complete the triple treble. *RV=5
Note: all stitches are worked through back loop only.
- Row 1: Ch 11 sts, turn, sc into second ch from hook and each ch across, turn. (10 sc)
- Row 2: ch1, 2sc in each sc across, turn. (20 sc)
- Row 3: ch1, sc in each sc across, turn. (20 sc)
- Row 4: ch5 (counts as first dtr, skip first st, dtr in each st across, turn. (20 dtr)
- Row 5: ch1, sc in each st across, turn. (20 sc)
- Row 6: ch1, 2 sc in each sc across, turn. (40 sc)
- Row 7: repeat row 4, turn. (40 dtr)
- **Row 8 - 10: repeat rows 3, 3, 4 (40 sts)
- Row 11 - 13: repeat 2 - 4 (80 sts)
- Row 14 - 16:repeat rows 3, 3, 4 (80 sts)
- Row 17 - 19: repeat rows 3, 3, 4 (80 sts)
- Row 20 - 22: repeat rows 3, 3, 4
- Row 23 - 25: repeat rows 2 - 4 (160 sts)
- Row 26 - 40: repeat rows 20 - 22 (five times)
- Row 41: repeat row 2 (320 sts)
- Row 42: ch1, sc, *ch9, skip 3 sts, sc*, repeat from * to * to end.
- Fasten off. Weave in loose ends.
- Wash the shawl by hand in baby shampoo. Blot dry and block to desired finished size.
- Using the 120 yards of ribbon, cut into 12" lengths. Use 5 or 6 pieces for each ch9 space and attach fringe using a slip knot.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Clothes"
There are so many ways to wear your crochet designs, so save yourself a trip to the mall and get hooking. These crochet sweater patterns, crochet shawl patterns and more will help you look good and feel even better.
Sign Up for More Free Patterns