Halloween Ring and Star Ornaments
Hang a grouping of these foam rings and stars painted in Halloween colors from a door or the backs of chairs. These are quick and easy Halloween decor with a unique look.
DecoArt Products Required
- DCA01 - White
- DCA47 - Black
- DCA49 - Bright Yellow
- DCA72 - Purple Passion
- DCA97 - Bright Orange
- DCA103 - Citrus Green
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- DBF3012-B - Shader 12
- DBDS5525-B - Deerfoot Stippler 1/4"
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Palette or foam plate
- Hot glue gun
- Fun Foam sheet in green
- 1/4" ribbon in purple and orange
- Green chenille pipe cleaner
- Plasteel Styrofoam rings and stars
Candy Corn Ring:
1. Basecoat ring using shader brush and Black. Let dry.
2. Use deerfoot brush to stipple White triangle shapes. Let dry. Stipple Bright Yellow at tip of each triangle. Let dry. Stipple Bright Orange stripe.
3. Use brush handle end to dot on Citrus Green. Let dry and seal with several light coats of Americana Gloss Spray.
4. Cut and tie length of ribbon with bow at end. Hot glue bow to ring.
Orange Ring and Star Ring:
1. Basecoat inside round ring with Citrus Green and shader brush. Basecoat inside star Bright Yellow. Basecoat remaining areas Bright Orange.
2. Use eraser end of pencil and brush handle ends to dot pattern using Black, White, Citrus Green, or Purple Passion. Let dry.
3. Spray with several light coats of gloss spray.
4. Cut and tie length of ribbon with bow on end. Hot glue bow to star ring.
5. Use pattern to trace leaves and cut them out using scissors. Fold foam leaf for veins as desired. Cut along folded edge being careful not to cut too deep.
6. Make hole at ring top with pencil. Make loop with two tails from chenille pipe cleaner. Twist one tail once around loop base. Dot glue on this end and insert into hole. Curl remaining tail around pencil for vine.
Green Star Ring:
1. Basecoat inside Black and remainder Citrus Green. Let dry.
2. Make dot pattern as before using White, Black, and Bright Orange. Seal with several light coats of gloss spray.
3. Use pencil to make small holes in two star points. Cut and tie bow in ribbon center. Dot glue on ribbon ends and push into holes.