Ghost Centerpiece Craft with Video
Make ghostly homemade Halloween decorations with this video craft project from Terri O. Use cheese cloth to create a ghost centerpiece for your Halloween table. Scroll down to watch the Halloween craft video. Homemade Halloween decorations are a wonderful way to pass the time while waiting for the big day to arrive. These Halloween decorating ideas will add a touch of spookiness to any costume party or creepy banquet. Bring these Halloween craft ideas to life and they will keep your house haunted.
- Cheese cloth
- Fabric stiffener ( I used Stiffy by Plaid)
- Small container
- Splat mat (I highly recommend you get one of these! They are great for many reasons www.herrschners.com )
- Black felt for eyes and mouth
- Small terra cotta pot
- Styrofoam (1 to fit snuggly inside the pot and 1 large for the head and 2 small for the arms.)
- Wood dowels
- Plastic wrap
- Make a form for your ghost. This is how I made mine but you can come up with your own idea too. Insert the large Styrofoam ball into the pot. Insert the dowel into the Styrofoam and add the head to the top. Insert dowels into the Styrofoam for the arms. Wrap plastic wrap around the Styrofoam so that the cheesecloth won’t stick.
- Cut a piece of cheesecloth making sure it is big enough to drape over the form.
- Set the pot on the mat in a place where you can leave it over night.
- Saturate the cloth with Stiffy and drape over your form. Mold it and shape it the way you like it. Let dry.
- Once dry pull out the form and cut round eyes and a mouth. Glue it to your ghost.