Candy Corn Jar Lamp
Here's a genius idea for crafting with candy corn: make a candy corn jar lamp by filling an old jar with colorful candy corn! These easy Halloween crafts will add some Halloween spirit to any home. This Candy Corn Jar Lamp is a sweet little decoration that will fill the home with a warm glow and plenty of smiles. If you need a unique Halloween craft idea, this lamp is just the thing you're looking for. Create a Candy Corn Jar Lamp and watch this easy Halloween craft give light to your home.
Find this project, and many more, in our free eBook, 20 Crafts with Mason Jars: Wedding Ideas, Centerpieces, Decor, and More.
- Americana Acrylics
DA134 - Yellow Green (transparent)
DA197 - Violet Haze
- Brushes - Loew-Cornell - #3 Round; #4 Shader; 1/4 Deerfoot
- Brush basin
- Paper towels
- Graphite & tracing paper
- Pencil, stylus
- Scotch tape
- Shady Lady lamp shade glue
- 3" bulb clip wire
- Sharpie Ultra Fine Point Permanent marker
- Shady Lady Zinc Mason Jar Lamp
- 40-watt bulb
- Candy corn
- 6" Arc Shady Lamp
- Lampshade Paper, White
- Transfer the pattern, according to these directions: Using a light box or a window, place on pattern front. Line up precut arc and with a permanent marker trace faces on.
Hint: If using a window, use two pieces of scotch tape to hold pattern up.
- Turn precut arc over and line up pattern back. Trace on ghost outlines and lettering.
- Faces: Use #3 round brush to paint ghost pupils Lamp Black, highlighted with a 'C' stroke and a dot of Titanium White.
- Paint noses in solid with Violet Haze and #3 round brush.
- With Deerfoot brush, stipple on Violet Haze cheeks.
- The face with the tongue sticking out and the one with the 'O' shaped lips are painted Yellow Green using #4 flat brush.
- On the back of the shade using the wooden end of the brush, dot all letters with Lamp Black.
- To form back seam, overlap and match up scallops on straight edge. Spread bead of glue, making sure glue comes to the edge of the paper so the seam will seal. Line up two back scallops and hold until glue is set.
Hint: Once seam is lined up, lay shade flat on table, on the seam side and lightly press so edge becomes sealed.
- Turn shade upside down for gluing wire in place. Hold 3" bulb clip wire in position and put a bead of glue around wire where it is touching shade. Press lightly so you don't bend top scallops. Let dry.
- Fill jar with candy corn. Put lamp together and clip on shade.
Read NextKeyboard Pumpkin Wall Art