Twisted Paper Napkin Flowers
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the Designer: "Paper napkins just aren't for wiping your mouth and hands while eating . . . they make beautiful flowers, too! While it might be a bit costly to decorate your home with fresh flowers, or give each guest a real flower at their place setting, flowers made from paper napkins can look just as nice, and at a fraction of the cost! And the best part, you can make them to match your décor or party theme."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGeneral Paper Crafting
Type of Paper UsedTextured Paper
- Paper napkins
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- Tacky glue
Starting at the corner of the paper napkin, carefully pull apart each ply and refold into original squares following the folded lines.
Next, fold into a triangle, then another triangle and finally, one more triangle.
Take the folded side and fold over, three quarters of the way.
Using scissors, cut a round ice cream cone shape just below the edge.
Next, open the cut shape and holding the round area with one hand, twist one side of the top like you're screwing on something, tightly. Then holding the opposite side, twist again, as tight as you can.
Then gently open the folded piece, carefully keeping the twisted edges together. You can gently twist any edges that might have been separated when opening back together following the twist patterns.
Repeat with more napkins, making as many layers for flower fullness and size.
Group three floral stems together and cover with floral tape, starting at one end and coiling tape around stems until reaching end and securing tape.
Make a hole in center of twisted paper napkin layer and insert stem, stopping about 1.5 inches from top. Add tacky glue to stem edge and grasp bottom of napkin around stem, forming flower.
Repeat for each layer of flower, adding tacky glue to base of previous layer. Continue adding layers for flower fullness until satisfied with look.
NotesHave fun making these adorable paper napkin flowers! They have the look of carnations with their unique twisted edges!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Turn discarded plastic utensils into cute flowers with this Plastic Spoon Roses DIY Recycled Craft tutorial. If you like recycled… Continue reading: "Plastic Spoon Roses DIY Recycled Craftvideocam"
- Lovely Little Mod Podge Tea Lights
- Upcycled Deisgner Storage Buckets
- Coffee Pot Homemade Terrarium
- 14 Repurposed Christmas Decorations for After the Holidays
- Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Pizza Pan Mosaic Tutorial
- Mason Jar Vase
- Magical DIY Fairy Jar Night Light
- Mason Jar Lid Reindeer Crafts
- 1000+ Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rainbow Scarf
- Fork Pleats
- Diy Tree Skirt
- Diy Tissue Paper Tassels
- Diy Decorative Christmas Matchboxes
- Minnie Mouse Christmas Wreath
- Jolly Snowman Christmas Wreath
- Christmas Tree Ornament Art
- Make Your Own Up Disney Christmas Ornament
- Unicorn Christmas Ornament
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home