Recycled Wine Crate Footstool DIY Home Decor
By: Stefanie Girard
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Recycled Wine Crate Footstool DIY Home Decor uses the Foamology Twelve Piece Design Foam covered with a variety of my favorite quilt fabrics as the top cushion. This is a great example of how easy it is to try your hand at DIY home decorating. Embellish your footstool with a collection of buttons around the border. Use your creation to store current projects, books and magazines. This is a great way to clear clutter from your space without having to throw anything away. If you're sick of boring craft project ideas and want to try your hand at something new and different, this is the perfect project to work on now.
Primary Technique: Green Crafting
- Foamology Twelve Piece Design Foam from Fairfield
- Recycled wine crate
- Scrap wood
- 12 pieces of fabric
- 4 wood ball feet
- The cushion top is made with Foamology Twelve Piece Design Foam and 12 of my favorite quilt fabric pieces along with some scrap wood, buttons and 4 wooden ball feet.
- My wine crate wasn't the exact size of the Foamology Twelve square Foam piece so I made the lid a bit bigger. I didn't know exactly how much extra puffy the foam would be with the fabric on it so I decided to cover it first before I made the frame lid.
- I wanted to fussy cut some of the fabric to include images and text so I made a velum template.
- Once my foam was covered I measured it and cut some strips of wood to make the frame and a piece for the lid base.
- I glued the frame together and made sure it was square with my quilt ruler and the lid base as a guide.
- To embellish the cushion frame I cut the shanks off of a variety of buttons USING EYE PROTECTION!!!!!! as the shanks can go flying even if you are holding the button with the shank side down.
- I made 4 rows of buttons to make sure I had a nice variety for each side. All that was left to do was glue the buttons around the frame boarder and the ball feet on the bottom of the wine crate.
- Then I put the cushion into the frame and glued it down to the lid base holding it secure with a c-clamp on each corner.
- I glued dice on the underside of the lid in each corner so that the lid would not slide around.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Creative Uses for Mesh Produce Bags
- Blue Bling Water Bottle Earrings
- 1000+ Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items
- Toilet Paper Roll Gift Boxes
- 25 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts
- Plastic Bottle Hanging Planters
- Reusable Feminine Pads
- Plastic Bottle Birdfeeder
- Toilet Paper Roll Butterflies
- Toilet Paper Roll Crafts: 62 Uses for Toilet Paper Rolls
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Best Yarn for Blankets
- Japanese Creations
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits
- Turn Broken Flip Flops into DIY Stamps
- Gorgeous DIY Button Bracelets
- Dancing Sheep Basket
- Bib and Burp Cloth
- Crochet Coasters for Beginners
- Wood Burning Guide for Beginners
- Retro Round Ripple Pillow